The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent PGCE City Centre Accommodation, PLEASE HELP!

I am due to start my PGCE in Design and Tech, which will start in 2016. I need help in finding a good and decent priced place to live. I have had a look at the NTU website but I know that there are other places around which are better

Does anybody know of any good places, where you've lived (en-suite/studio) for a PGCE student, preferably near to the city centre?

Thanks x
Hi Sarah,

I don't know if you've had any replies to this thread so far because TSR website is playing up a little for me at the moment. I'm currently finishing my undergrad at trent so I've got some experience in finding housing in the city! If you don't want to live in university halls, there's a lot of private halls in the city centre (Glasshouse, Victoria Hall, iQ, etc.) that do en-suite rooms and I think some of them do flats for Postgraduates only so you wouldn't be living with a bunch of undergrads, although I'd contact each place directly to find out more about that.

If you're looking to rent private properties, the main student letting agents in Nottingham are Oak Student Lets, MegaClose, Student Living. I'd check their websites for accommodation that hasn't yet been signed for. Similarly there are many private landlords that advertise on rightmove students and places like that. I currently rent a studio from Student Living and they're pretty reasonably priced (as far as student letting goes, it's all a rip off really isn't it?) There's a lot of student housing in the Arboretum and Forest Fields which isn't far out of the city centre.

Will you be studing at Clifton or City campus? If you're at Clifton Campus, you might want to consider looking for places to live in West Bridgford as well. I lived in West Bridgford in my second year and it's on the bus route to Clifton as well as loads of transport links to the city so it's a good middle ground.

I'd say one of the main things to consider when choosing a property are how far from the bus routes it is (if you don't drive) or parking availability (if you do drive), because getting to Clifton campus in the early morning is the #1 pain for me living in the city.

Hope this helped, and good luck! Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SarahM94
I am due to start my PGCE in Design and Tech, which will start in 2016. I need help in finding a good and decent priced place to live. I have had a look at the NTU website but I know that there are other places around which are better

Does anybody know of any good places, where you've lived (en-suite/studio) for a PGCE student, preferably near to the city centre?

Thanks x

Hi, would you like to live in halls or a shared house. We have a shared house available, living with 4 other girls in second year. £77 a week all bills inclusive. There is parking and is a gated community living with other student houses. A short walk from the city. Let me know if you would be interested.

Thanks

Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending