The Student Room Group

University of Brighton Graphic Design & Illustration 2016 Interviews

Hey all,

I know interviews are starting next week, but I've not heard yet...
I got a message middle of last week to say that they would be starting to send out invites shortly.

Anyone received one yet?

Rob

Scroll to see replies

I haven't yet either... Kind of panicking xD
I applied for both courses as well... what did you include in your portfolio?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I know. I can't stop checking my email! I'm away the second week of interviews, so I'm really hoping to hear soon. Here's what I submitted:https://flickr.com/photos/136712319@N07/sets/72157660572601890
Reply 3
Just got my invitation 😁
Original post by Rob VonRamm
Just got my invitation 😁

I did reply to you but student room didn't post it :/ I haven't gotten a reply yet. When did you send your portfolio? Btw you're so talented
Reply 5
Hey Eleyna,
That's very kind.
I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November. Did you use Flickr too? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hey Eleyna,
That's very kind.
I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November. Did you use Flickr too? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I submitted mine in January so I'll probably hear back way later :/ I did mine on weebly. Tried to send a link to you but student room didn't allow it.
sergulhalilportfolio . weebly . com
Reply 7
How do you know that the interviews are taking place this week?
Reply 8
Original post by LZW1466
How do you know that the interviews are taking place this week?

They said at the open day interviews would likely be in feb. I'm on holiday next week, so I emailed a while back to make sure it wouldn't get in the way if I was invited.
Reply 9
They said at the open day interviews would likely be in feb. I'm on holiday next week, so I emailed a while back to make sure it wouldn't get in the way if I was invited.

Oh dear doesn't look good for me then! I loved your Flickr portfolio I hope you get a place :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by LZW1466
Oh dear doesn't look good for me then! I loved your Flickr portfolio I hope you get a place :biggrin:

Thanks. Interview was yesterday. Think it went ok, so keeping my fingers crossed.There are interviews next week too, so you might still hear from them. And if all else fails, a friend of mine got in through clearing last year...Hang in there!
Reply 11
Thanks. Interview was yesterday. Think it went ok, so keeping my fingers crossed.There are interviews next week too, so you might still hear from them. And if all else fails, a friend of mine got in through clearing last year...Hang in there!

I'm sure it went really well! I've got an unconditional from Portsmouth so I'm going to take that if Brighton falls through, should all work out in the end :smile:
Hey all,

I know interviews are starting next week, but I've not heard yet...
I got a message middle of last week to say that they would be starting to send out invites shortly.

Anyone received one yet?

Rob

I have mine for Illustration BA tomorrow morning!
No news is good news though. So don't worry you might just get an interview. I'm not too worried. (I'm dying)
Reply 14
Original post by jessmacadam
I have mine for Illustration BA tomorrow morning!

Good luck! I got an unconditional offer, so maybe see you in September. 😁
Reply 15
Original post by Eleyna1191
No news is good news though. So don't worry you might just get an interview. I'm not too worried. (I'm dying)

Eleyna, Did you get an interview?
Eleyna, Did you get an interview?

No I didn't, but I didn't get rejected either. My friend got rejected. Probably means they haven't looked at my portfolio yet. Congrats btw!
Reply 17
I had mine last thursday and although it went positively *at least I feel it did* some of my mates got offers straight on the spot, which has knocked my confidence slightly. Is there a specific time span on which they email you the results after the interview?
Original post by Mooxle34
I had mine last thursday and although it went positively *at least I feel it did* some of my mates got offers straight on the spot, which has knocked my confidence slightly. Is there a specific time span on which they email you the results after the interview?

I think they have til may to make a choice and then there's clearing
Reply 19
Original post by Mooxle34

March 31st is the UCAS deadline.

The tutors will have "definitely", "yes", "maybe" and "no" piles of candidates. I guess the definitelys are told pretty much straight away, then they have to weigh up the yes' and maybes.

Still plenty of time. Hang in there.

Quick Reply

Latest