The Student Room Group

HSBC first year summer internship

Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre for HSBC first year summer internship? I have mine on the 17th.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, Good luck with the assessment centre.

I'm applying for the internship too! Was wondering if you could help me out with the application form?
What did you write for three potential risks that HSBC face globally?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ashat1997
Hi, Good luck with the assessment centre.

I'm applying for the internship too! Was wondering if you could help me out with the application form?
What did you write for three potential risks that HSBC face globally?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I can't really remember but I think I read a few articles online and elaborated on that. Just use google :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey
good luck with the assessment centre.
may i ask you how many online tests did you do before the interview stage?
Thanks
Original post by egdargi
Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre for HSBC first year summer internship? I have mine on the 17th.

hey
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by kabilan13
hey
Thanks

SJT and logical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by egdargi

Good Luck for the AC. Just had the phone interview yesterday. How long after the interview before you got invited to the AC. Do they run the AC once a month. Trying to work out if I get to the next stage when the AC will take place? Taking a break at easter and I need to make some bookings. I should hear by the end of next week according to HR.
Reply 7
Original post by john787
Good Luck for the AC. Just had the phone interview yesterday. How long after the interview before you got invited to the AC. Do they run the AC once a month. Trying to work out if I get to the next stage when the AC will take place? Taking a break at easter and I need to make some bookings. I should hear by the end of next week according to HR.

I just logged online after the interview and saw that I had passed it. Then I heard back regarding AC after about 10 days. Beware that passing the interview doesn't mean that you get invited to AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by egdargi
I just logged online after the interview and saw that I had passed it. Then I heard back regarding AC after about 10 days. Beware that passing the interview doesn't mean that you get invited to AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Just got the email saying I passed the interview but this does not guarantee I will get to the AC. 10 days sounds good I would like to get it done before the Easter break.
Original post by egdargi

Hi egdargi !

Congrats on getting the AC. I had my interview in December and the person was grilling me for 45 minutes on the phone haha.

So how did you find the AC? Do you mind sharing the kind of stuff you did? Was it group work, presentations, interviews?

I'd really appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by janriccardd
Hi egdargi !

Congrats on getting the AC. I had my interview in December and the person was grilling me for 45 minutes on the phone haha.

So how did you find the AC? Do you mind sharing the kind of stuff you did? Was it group work, presentations, interviews?

I'd really appreciate it! :smile:

They're gonna tell you everything when they invite you. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to say anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I have been invited to the AC and will l have to go to HSBC building next Friday. However, I don't know what to expect as I didn't receive any info about what I will have to do there... Can someone enlighten me please?
Hi, I will have my AC next friday but I don't know what to expect there. If someone know what we will do during the day it will be very helpful! thks! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by nicococorico
Hi! I have been invited to the AC and will l have to go to HSBC building next Friday. However, I don't know what to expect as I didn't receive any info about what I will have to do there... Can someone enlighten me please?

They called me 3 days before the AC to explain everything so wait for their call

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
They called me 3 days before the AC to explain everything so wait for their call

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by egdargi
They're gonna tell you everything when they invite you. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to say anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Wait until they give you the vauge information you can already get from their website and you'll know - I'm afraid I can't say anything'

I can only hope you get the same advice when you're back in here looking for the same information when you're in the process of applying for a grad scheme. :wink:
What other first year internships have you guys applied to?
Reply 17
Got the offer for this program.
Have the telephone interview tomorrow! What types of questions do they ask? Any and all help is appreciated and reciprocated in terms of internet love and affection <3

Thanks!
Just wondering if there is any tests that we have to complete before getting a telephone interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending