Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by oinkk
Received an offer today for Comp Sci, A in maths and B in either physics or further maths. Absolutely ecstatic! :smile:

No college allocation yet though.

Odd question: What time did you receive your offer at? And congratulations!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by floraharai
I got allocated to Hild Bede. Anyone else?

Haven't even get a decision yet but Hild Bede looks gorgeous!
Original post by ombtom
I can't choose between Durham and St Andrews, but if I haven't decided by May then I'll probably go with Durham so that I'll actually have an insurance choice. :groovy: Physics; you?

Combined Honours in Social Sciences. My first choice is Durham, insurance is probably Exeter. :smile:
Reply 1803
Original post by AunAb
Odd question: What time did you receive your offer at? And congratulations!

Haha, it was at 16:45 according to UCAS. Why might I ask? :smile:

And thanks!! Appreciated.
I applied last October for Mmath and I still haven't heard back everyone at my sf applying for the same course have all heard back shall I email them?
Original post by jamesgates1
Didn't get first choice. Allocated to Trevelyan. Looks quite nice. :smile:

Me too having applied to St Mary's. It doesn't look as nice tbh but I would have been ok with it until I saw that you have to share a room!
Reply 1806
Original post by Tom2017
I applied last October for Mmath and I still haven't heard back everyone at my sf applying for the same course have all heard back shall I email them?

Seems like they're getting the offers out now for the majority of applicants. Keep holding on :smile:

Best of luck.
Original post by 1lilypad1
Me too having applied to St Mary's. It doesn't look as nice tbh but I would have been ok with it until I saw that you have to share a room!

My friend is in Hild Bede and he doesn't share (first year). :smile:
So people who applied St Marys are getting allocated other colleges but I get allocated to St Marys? :frown:
Original post by floraharai
My friend is in Hild Bede and he doesn't share (first year). :smile:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood :biggrin:
Original post by JamieOH
So people who applied St Marys are getting allocated other colleges but I get allocated to St Marys? :frown:

I think that's because they try to get a balance of different courses and nationalities/school type in each college ^.^
been allocated to st. hild and st. bede:s-smilie: the one college i really didn't wait (i hate gilesgate roundabout :h:)
Reply 1812
Original post by oinkk
Haha, it was at 16:45 according to UCAS. Why might I ask? :smile:

And thanks!! Appreciated.

When I get an email I want to half know what to think! Durham tends to send out replies at 16:45! Haha just paranoia!
Original post by jamesgates1
Didn't get first choice. Allocated to Trevelyan. Looks quite nice. :smile:

I got allocated there too (applied to St. John's) but I'm quite underwhelmed by it... :frown: what are the things you like about it?
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Me too...

me three.....
Original post by C0balt
Got University College
I bet the selection is biased though... I'm international and they sound VERY desperate to get the international fee into their pocket

Posted from TSR Mobile

well would be great if that was the case cos I've been waiting since Dec and i'm dying for an offer :frown:
Original post by C0balt
Got University College
I bet the selection is biased though... I'm international and they sound VERY desperate to get the international fee into their pocket

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, congratulations on your offer! I'm an international student as well, if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply/what course did you apply for? I'm still waiting for their decision (it's almost been three months :s-smilie:)
got allocated to st aidans college, anyone else?? anyone visited it before?
Starting to think I'm the only one who made an open application! All the accom is so expensive that it didn't really seem to make a difference, to me at least. £5.5-7k a school-year is most, if not all, of my maintenance loan gone already!i feel a bit left out of the collegiate hype! :,) x
I've been allocated to St Hild and Bilde. Where is the cost of the accommodation??

Quick Reply

Latest