The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
How's everyone finding the origami/manual dexterity station?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hii guys!

Goodluck on your interview this week!
I think people are thinking too much into the logistics of reincarnation, I don't think it matters what you come back as, as long as you can justify it. Also you just need to take a copy of your ID to the interview right?!?
Reply 183
Any idea when Leeds start sending out offers?
Original post by Agent R5
would it be possible to be reincarnated as yourself from the day you die?

When you die, it's the body that dies not the soul - the soul lives forever. So if you were to die your soul would leave your body and could come back as another human being but not yourself although the person could be very similar to you. If in you presentation you say that you would want to be reincarnated as yourself, you should say that you want to be reincarnated as a human being like you
:smile:

Hope this makes sense
Original post by umarr
How's everyone finding the origami/manual dexterity station?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'M FINDING IT SOOOOO HARD!!!! I literally cannot finish one origami piece

when is your interview?
Reply 186
Got my interview tomorrow morning and im starting to feel very nervous 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
What time do you have to be there?? I've got to be there for 8:20 because my interview starts at 8:30. I'm feeling so nervous especially for the communication of complex information
Reply 188
Original post by Dentist214
What time do you have to be there?? I've got to be there for 8:20 because my interview starts at 8:30. I'm feeling so nervous especially for the communication of complex information

Yeh I have to be they for 8.30 and I live in Manchester so I'm gonna set of at half 6ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry we signed a disclosure form and it would unfair on everyone if we told you, however you will be fine the interviewers are friendly so you're put at ease. Good luck for your interviews guys
Original post by AlevelStudent27
Sorry we signed a disclosure form and it would unfair on everyone if we told you, however you will be fine the interviewers are friendly so you're put at ease. Good luck for your interviews guys

Hey, hope all went well :smile:
I don't want to know the questions or anything like that but how did you find the origami? Were you able to finish it? and did the assessor talk to you?

Also, did the stylus pen work for the KAT?
Now I'm really confused.
You can't put your soul into another person like that. If you were to pass away you could be reincarnated as another human being (born as a baby) e.g. you would be born as a baby and grow into an adult

If your presentation is about being reincarnated as a human you could say that you want to be reincarnated as a human and explain why.

The people that are going to be judging us tomorrow are not going to know everything on reincarnation. As long as you explain why you would want to be reincarnated as the thing you choose. Just remember there's going to be 250 interviewees, you want to be different.
Original post by Dentist214
When you die, it's the body that dies not the soul - the soul lives forever. So if you were to die your soul would leave your body and could come back as another human being but not yourself although the person could be very similar to you. If in you presentation you say that you would want to be reincarnated as yourself, you should say that you want to be reincarnated as a human being like you
:smile:

Hope this makes sense

Oh alright thanks, this makes a lot more sense!
Original post by AlevelStudent27

Hi, hope it went as you wanted!
I would just like to know what you need to take with you, is it just one form of identification e.g. pass port or driving license?
Where does it say that the presentation must be 3 minutes??
Original post by meena_makiz
Where does it say that the presentation must be 3 minutes??

in the MMI prep booklet, 3mins max for your presentation and after that there will be 4mins of questions.

p.s. in terms of it being a 'presentation' what are you supposed to do other than read out the text which you have prepared on reincarnation (technically a script isn't it?)
Hey thank you, good luck for your interview! Yes just one form of identification and a photocopy of that identification
Hi, hope it went as you wanted!
I would just like to know what you need to take with you, is it just one form of identification e.g. pass port or driving license?
in the MMI prep booklet, 3mins max for your presentation and after that there will be 4mins of questions.

p.s. in terms of it being a 'presentation' what are you supposed to do other than read out the text which you have prepared on reincarnation (technically a script isn't it?)

Thank you!

Theres nothing else you can take in with you so they are really testing your presenation skills, how well you're able to engage the examiners just from your tone of voice etc so try to make it sounds interesting and alive
Good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow at Leeds :smile:
Reply 199
Those who have already had their interview, what're your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest