The Student Room Group

English Controlled Assesment

I need help for one of my English controlled Assessments. We have to a creative writing piece based on any line of any poem. And i dont even know where to begin
Any ideas or pieces would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
I did mine on 'The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.'
From Wilfred Owen's poem. You basically write about how war seems so great but once you're actually involved in it- patriotism disappears. I did it as a diary entry, if that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by hxfsxh
I did mine on 'The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.'
From Wilfred Owen's poem. You basically write about how war seems so great but once you're actually involved in it- patriotism disappears. I did it as a diary entry, if that helps.

This is really helpful and thank you. Do you think you could give me an example?
Original post by JoeZei
This is really helpful and thank you. Do you think you could give me an example?

I can't because its a CA and so if I did and mine was sent off for moderation, I'd get done, so I'd advise not asking people for drafts and examples etc.
But what I'd suggest is to read some wartime diary entries- google it. If you need anything else feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hxfsxh
I can't because its a CA and so if I did and mine was sent off for moderation, I'd get done, so I'd advise not asking people for drafts and examples etc.
But what I'd suggest is to read some wartime diary entries- google it. If you need anything else feel free to PM me :smile:

I wasnt asking to see yours, im sorry if it came across like that. I was asking for an idea or a starting point, but i will go read some diary entries. thank you so much!
Original post by JoeZei
I wasnt asking to see yours, im sorry if it came across like that. I was asking for an idea or a starting point, but i will go read some diary entries. thank you so much!

Oh sorry, my mistake :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest