The Student Room Group

How do you know if you're ugly?

Okay, so I have pretty low self esteem. I really do think I'm ugly, like I have a long face and I feel like my features don't suit my face. Obviously if you ask people if they think you're ugly, then they will like to make you feel better. Whenever I see myself in pictures, I look hideous. I do get cat called, but I just think they do it because they're desperate to get laid. And I do get compliments every now and again, but I can never tell if they're genuine, or if they're just saying it to be polite. The guy that I like is absolutely gorgeous, and I guess I just want to know if I'm 'out of his league' so to speak.

Help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JubilationXXV
Okay, so I have pretty low self esteem. I really do think I'm ugly, like I have a long face and I feel like my features don't suit my face. Obviously if you ask people if they think you're ugly, then they will like to make you feel better. Whenever I see myself in pictures, I look hideous. I do get cat called, but I just think they do it because they're desperate to get laid. And I do get compliments every now and again, but I can never tell if they're genuine, or if they're just saying it to be polite. The guy that I like is absolutely gorgeous, and I guess I just want to know if I'm 'out of his league' so to speak.

Help?

Guys who cat call are s****. You are as attractive as you think you are, after all; if you get compliments then believe them, you are probably more attractive than you think you are. In any case, try not to define yourself by your appearance or attractiveness to men; I understand why you might do that but you need to learn to accept yourself as a person first and try and get some confidence
Reply 2
You're obviously not hideous if you're getting compliments, people wouldn;t give you non-genuine compliments if you're that ugly because they'd be worried you'd take it the wrong way.

Obviously we can't say other than that without a picture but obv don't post one if you don't want to.
I'm sure you look fine :smile:

Help?

I can give an honest assessment of your looks, but that probably won't help much.
(edited 8 years ago)
If your getting cat called then you are at least attractive to some, however if you were attractive to the masses you would know it and not have to wonder.
Original post by XOR_
If your getting cat called then you are at least attractive to some, however if you were attractive to the masses you would know it and not have to wonder.

For the latter, how would you know?
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I can give an honest assessment of your looks, but that probably won't help much.

Why wouldn't it help?
Original post by Stevo F
You're obviously not hideous if you're getting compliments, people wouldn;t give you non-genuine compliments if you're that ugly because they'd be worried you'd take it the wrong way.

Obviously we can't say other than that without a picture but obv don't post one if you don't want to.

Thank you
Why wouldn't it help?

How would you know if I was being genuine?
For the latter, how would you know?

An undeniably high frequency of compliments/stares.
Original post by XOR_
An undeniably high frequency of compliments/stares.

Hmm...fair enough. Thank you for your help.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
How would you know if I was being genuine?

What reason would you have to not be genuine?
What reason would you have to not be genuine?

I have none, but that's not my point lol
I know how annoying it is, to not truly know how other's view you/judge you, I tend to feel that the most cutting, derogatory and harsh opinions about me are the most honest, but in the same token I do not support defining yourself by how other's physically view you.

But if you think I would be honest about it, then PM me.
If you know, you know.
Show us your picture we will be able to tell you.
Original post by Stevo F

That's not exactly true, one of the most hideous people I know has had multiple partners.

But for OP, being truly ugly is not common it's like being drop-dead gorgeous. They're rare sights, you're probably average or above average. Most people are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
That's not exactly true, one of the most hideous people I know has had multiple partners.

But for OP, being truly ugly is not common it's like being drop-dead gorgeous. They're rare sights, you're probably average or above average. Most people are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't really contradict what I was saying :tongue:

And below average, otherwise that wouldn't make sense
Original post by Stevo F
That doesn't really contradict what I was saying :tongue:

And below average, otherwise that wouldn't make sense

It does - the ugly proper tend to be far more lenient when rating each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your not ugly. Everyone has their best features as well as their worst. Nobody is perfect.
Original post by Dinasaurus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think that we judge ourselves more harshly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending