The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by sara0928
I know how you feel because I feel exactly the same :/ I was so tempted to call today but I stopped myself because I called them last week and the lady said mine hasn't been processed yet. However if i don't hear anything tomorrow then I will call again. The admission team are really lovely!!

Yes I want to do the same too. The wait is absolute torture. I've got to apply for other jobs in case . this application is just always on my mind and its really not healthy at all!!it makes me feel sick
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kc91
Yes I want to do the same too. The wait is absolute torture. I've got to apply for other jobs in case . this application is just always on my mind and its really not healthy at all!!it makes me feel sick

I feel exactly the same! I'll ring tomorrow
Original post by kc91

I am going through the exact same feeling. It is constantly on my mind. I am trying my best to keep busy and forget about it but it's still there!!! Just bare through it. We've waited 4 months, just over a week is nothing. In terms of jobs, there is no harm in applying in the meantime. Chances are you would've heard back from Keele before your job interviews so you can always withdraw your applications! Let me know if you hear from Keele and good luck.

Original post by Charlottemc1234
I feel exactly the same! I'll ring tomorrow

Let us know what they say! :biggrin:
Hey! I got an interview offer from Keele for March 15th and will be flying halfway across the globe there pretty soon. Any recommendations? Also, will I be able to meet student ambassadors and have time to tour the campus before/after my interview which starts at 9am? Thanks!
Reply 884
Original post by khaopoad
Hey! I got an interview offer from Keele for March 15th and will be flying halfway across the globe there pretty soon. Any recommendations? Also, will I be able to meet student ambassadors and have time to tour the campus before/after my interview which starts at 9am? Thanks!

When I did mine, I had my interview at 9am and there was a student ambassador designated to our group and gave us a group tour of the med school after the interview. It's a really nice uni :smile:
Original post by sssbbb
When I did mine, I had my interview at 9am and there was a student ambassador designated to our group and gave us a group tour of the med school after the interview. It's a really nice uni :smile:

Thanks so much for your reply :biggrin: How long does your interview takes and how many stations were there? I'm really excited to be there!!
My application is still with the tutors being marked, do you think they go through them in order of submission? Since I haven't heard anything and I sent my application about an hour before the deadline. Does anyone else have any theory's about this?
Phoned up and my application is on hold while they're deciding the thresholds, they said they should have the threshold in about a week and then its just a matter of going through everyone
My application is still with the tutors being marked, do you think they go through them in order of submission? Since I haven't heard anything and I sent my application about an hour before the deadline. Does anyone else have any theory's about this?

No way! :frown: im probably in the same situation then. I'm so desperate to find out. I submitted my ucas app very last min and R&R probably the day before the deadline.
Original post by stephannalee
Phoned up and my application is on hold while they're deciding the thresholds, they said they should have the threshold in about a week and then its just a matter of going through everyone

Thanks for that! Hmm, I kinda wanna call and ask if mines on hold too. Good luck!
Thanks for that! Hmm, I kinda wanna call and ask if mines on hold too. Good luck!

Thanks, you too! They were really nice on the phone, really helpful, I was worried they'd just say they were really busy and had a lot of applications but instead they said told me some stuff and then said they could look up the status of my application :smile:
Reply 891

My application is on hold too. I'm feeling really really depressed about this. Don't think I'm going to get in and its so upsetting because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else. I'm so upset because I'm convinced it's going to be a rejection. Did they say the exact date of when the threshold will be set?
Original post by kc91
My application is on hold too. I'm feeling really really depressed about this. Don't think I'm going to get in and its so upsetting because I just can't imagine myself doing anything else. I'm so upset because I'm convinced it's going to be a rejection. Did they say the exact date of when the threshold will be set?

No exact date! dont despair, you have no idea whats going to happen, at least you havent been rejected at ready, you still have a chance of getting an offer!! Are you applying as an undergrad or grad? If you don't get in its not the end of the world, you can always apply again next year
Reply 893
Im a grad and this is my reapplication. I applied last year to Keele and missed out on getting an interview by one point. I'll be devastated if they don't give me a chance this time round.... I just can't shake the feeling that they're going to rjeect me.

The application process is just so stressful and I feel like I'm walking around thinking about my application for so much of each day. I absolutely hate my current job and can't face doing this for another year so I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. I just want the suspense over because UCAS has been dragging on for sooo long
Original post by kc91
Im a grad and this is my reapplication. I applied last year to Keele and missed out on getting an interview by one point. I'll be devastated if they don't give me a chance this time round.... I just can't shake the feeling that they're going to rjeect me.

The application process is just so stressful and I feel like I'm walking around thinking about my application for so much of each day. I absolutely hate my current job and can't face doing this for another year so I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. I just want the suspense over because UCAS has been dragging on for sooo long

I get you, Im applying as a grad having applied once as an undergrad and am also so worried about being rejected from everywhere. Have you been rejected from everywhere else? and if you were only one point off last year and have improved your application you should have a decent chance! wouldn't give up hope yet!
Original post by kc91

I really feel for you. I hope they let you know soon! Have you considered doing something like nursing? Or midwifery? I know it's not the same as medicine but it's worth a thought.
Reply 896
I really feel for you. I hope they let you know soon! Have you considered doing something like nursing? Or midwifery? I know it's not the same as medicine but it's worth a thought.

Thank you! I'm a hospital pharmacist which to me is close as it gets to being a Medic without actually being one! This is why I'm stuck in my career because I definitely don't want to continue with it and don't know what else to do if medicine doesn't work out!

But thank you for your support. It's nice knowing that I can talk to other people who going through the exact same thing. I think my family are fed up of hearing me go on and on about things and they don't understand how stressful it is to wait for news.
Reply 897
I get you, Im applying as a grad having applied once as an undergrad and am also so worried about being rejected from everywhere. Have you been rejected from everywhere else? and if you were only one point off last year and have improved your application you should have a decent chance! wouldn't give up hope yet!

Yeah I've been rejected from kings and Southampton. Applied to BSMS and waiting to hear back after my interview. That interview didn't go very well so I'm not to hopeful. I just hope they let us hear something soon!!
Mines on hold too :frown: Just going to have to wait.
Mines on hold too :frown: Just going to have to wait.

Means no rejection though so I hope it works out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending