The Student Room Group

What is the best, most underrated game you have ever played?

Scroll to see replies

Slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend an upgrade from an Nvidia GeForce 8 series graphics card?
Original post by jonathanemptage
make sure you have a motion plus controller or module you'll need it

i got just about every part for the wii as it was cheap in a closing down sale
Original post by jamesthehustler
i got just about every part for the wii as it was cheap in a closing down sale

ah right you should be good to go then what games do you have.
ah right you should be good to go then what games do you have.

red steel
COD
destroy all humans
(use my xbox more )
If you can find it ONI for PC or PS2 is really really good a strong story with some great fighting mechanics

Agreed. It's been long forgotten and buried under a 15 year history of other Bungie/Rockstar titles. I had it in 2001, not played it since though. It gets pretty tough midway through, so I don't recall finishing it.
Original post by noggins
Agreed. It's been long forgotten and buried under a 15 year history of other Bungie/Rockstar titles. I had it in 2001, not played it since though. It gets pretty tough midway through, so I don't recall finishing it.

yeah I had to download a save file to get to the end to be fair it was quite a depressing ending.
Original post by jamesthehustler
red steel
COD
destroy all humans
(use my xbox more )

I've got:
Shaun White snowboarding
Goldeneye
Red steel 2
Super smash bros brawl
Guitar hero world tour and 6 (can't play that anymore)
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy
The Conduit
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
and some VC stuff
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by Zargabaath
Drakengard 1 on the PS2. I loved this game so much. The core combat was a little repetitive, but everything else was awesome. The story, the themes, the characters, the aesthetic, the voice acting, the shear bizarre creativity and one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a game. I think it was also the first game published by Square Enix. If any of you have played Nier, it's actually a sequel to one of Drakengard's endings.

I discovered NieR a few years ago and absolutely adored it, and it's quite possibly my favourite game of all time. It gets a lot of crap for being ugly (which I don't think it is) and a lot of people call its combat gluey and uninteresting, but I wouldn't say so. NieR has some stellar voice acting, amazing music, and story and characters that I'm utterly infatuated with. I highly recommend it, but I've only met say two people who've heard of it.

I also played Drakengard 3, which I loved as well. The grinding annoyed me a bit, and I found it a bit tough at times, but the story was interesting and the characters interactions were hilarious. I'd recommend that too. Drakengard 1, on the other hand... I hated it. I played it and I couldn't get past the first level. The combat is sluggish and stiff, and the game just seems so unpolished. I've watched the cut scenes online and I kind of understand the story, but I can't see myself slaving through the game to understand it any better...
Original post by Blank_Planet
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are in my opinion extremely underrated, but truly unique and excellent. Loved all 3, but Call of Pripyat is my favourite.
You win, this series was my pick although I prefer shadow of Chernobyl for its atmosphere. There are very few games I replay these days but this is one of the ones I've played so many times and never tired of.
Little King's Story for the Wii
Original post by ron_trns
You win, this series was my pick although I prefer shadow of Chernobyl for its atmosphere. There are very few games I replay these days but this is one of the ones I've played so many times and never tired of.

Glad to meet a fellow Stalker fan!

The great thing about Stalker is that it has such a devoted and creative fanbase that keeps creating mods and improvements to the relatively old game. I have started another CS game this Christmas, but I might drop it to add mods that add quests and inventory, improve graphics and in general offer even deeper immersion.
Crash bandicoot, old time fave

Quick Reply

Latest