The Student Room Group

It really dissapoints me being the sex that i am.

I want to be a man so that i can get away with not having kids till a late age, have a fit looking body well into old age whilst still being able to attract people with my distinguished looks snd experience. I cant do this as a woman, no one thinks much of women once they reach 40 they take one look and think 'a mum' or if shes no kids they think loner/weirdo. I just think that if i was male id have so much to look forward to and a bright future but as a female who doesnt want kids i dont.

Scroll to see replies

maybe look into seeing a doctor about gender identity confusion?
Grass is always greener on the other side m8
Reply 3
Original post by Justmoll28
maybe look into seeing a doctor about gender identity confusion?

Im not confused, I know that im female i just wish i wasn't.
It's seems like a lot of your envy comes from the views of other people and if you rely on those, you will be unfulfilled regardless of gender, men and women have pros and cons if you feel that the issue is deeper than just plain thought then I'd recommend speaking to a counsellor :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Im not confused, I know that im female i just wish i wasn't.

if you wish you wasn't female then what do you wish to be? you can get therapy and advice for that if you need it from doctors
can you read?

Yes, can you? Nowhere in the OP does it even hint they might be confused about their gender identity. They're complaining about their perception of societies views on sex.
If i think white people are treated better then black people and so I wish I was white, am I racially confused?

Spoiler

Reply 7
I want to be a man so that i can get away with not having kids till a late age, have a fit looking body well into old age whilst still being able to attract people with my distinguished looks snd experience. I cant do this as a woman, no one thinks much of women once they reach 40 they take one look and think 'a mum' or if shes no kids they think loner/weirdo. I just think that if i was male id have so much to look forward to and a bright future but as a female who doesnt want kids i dont.

I get what you are saying.

Quite simply men have it easier.

As they age their value goes up and a woman's goes down.

They can coast through life, 'grow up' at 40, have kids late and not have their life choices placed under constant scrutiny. Women, on the other hand, have to have their **** together and plan their lives properly if they want a career, kids etc.

Ageing is also easier on men. Their value is not entirely linked to how attractive they are.

I'm a guy and pretty grateful for it in some ways. I don't have much advice I'm afraid.

Maybe see a doctor and counsellor.

Try to enjoy your youth while you have it and invest a lot in friendships.

:wink:
Original post by Zargabaath
Yes, can you? Nowhere in the OP does it even hint they might be confused about their gender identity. They're complaining about their perception of societies views on sex.
If i think white people are treated better then black people and so I wish I was white, am I racially confused?

Spoiler

wtf is a tumblr snowflake? i dont even use tumblr... and if you wish you arent the sex you are because of what society thinks then clearly you have a problem with your gender.
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987
It's seems like a lot of your envy comes from the views of other people and if you rely on those, you will be unfulfilled regardless of gender, men and women have pros and cons if you feel that the issue is deeper than just plain thought then I'd recommend speaking to a counsellor :smile:

Yes I suppose my envy does come from peoples views but i guess most envy does. A counsellor cant correct it, its just nature and to do with fertility, women lose social 'value' as they age even though people wont admit it. Look at media presenters once they get to a certain age they often get sacked, whereas being an ageing man is fine there are plenty of them. Just one example.
wtf is a tumblr snowflake? i dont even use tumblr... and if you wish you arent the sex you are because of what society thinks then clearly you have a problem with your gender.

But it's not what society thinks, it's what she thinks society thinks.
Again, see my race example with the same logic, you can see how ridiculous this is.
It's not that her gender doesn't align with her sex, it's just she thinks men are treated better and wants to get in on that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
I get what you are saying.

Quite simply men have it easier.

As they age their value goes up and a woman's goes down.

They can coast through life, 'grow up' at 40, have kids late and not have their life choices placed under constant scrutiny. Women, on the other hand, have to have their **** together and plan their lives properly if they want a career, kids etc.

Ageing is also easier on men. Their value is not entirely linked to how attractive they are.

I'm a guy and pretty grateful for it in some ways. I don't have much advice I'm afraid.

Maybe see a doctor and counsellor.

Try to enjoy your youth while you have it and invest a lot in friendships.

:wink:

A counsellor cant correct this though, my youth was wasted ive always been a tomboy who didnt get attention. I feel all pressured to have kids before 35 and im only a few years away. I dont want kids till im over 40 and i dont want to grow up till then either. Ive always been immature compared to women my age, they have sleays been all sensible and motherly and im just like a sporty daft kid.
Again, see my race example with the same logic, you can see how rediculous this is.
It's not that her gender doesn't align with her sex, it's just she thinks men are treated better and wants to get in on that.

yes i understand youre point and i agree, i dont like that i earn 79p for every £1 that males earn but it doesnt mean that i hate being female? i love being a girl so i dont understand how she can hate her gender on one thing..i think its a bit of an extreme view and cant be concluded from only the one example given in the OP's first post on the tread:/
A counsellor cant correct this though, my youth was wasted ive always been a tomboy who didnt get attention. I feel all pressured to have kids before 35 and im only a few years away. I dont want kids till im over 40 and i dont want to grow up till then either. Ive always been immature compared to women my age, they have sleays been all sensible and motherly and im just like a sporty daft kid.

Decide how badly you want kids and then take the action to get there.

Waiting until your 40s is not a good idea.

Many women who leave it too late to plan ahead end up childless against their wishes.

Unfair I know. But that is life. :wink:
Again, see my race example with the same logic, you can see how rediculous this is.

It is about what i think society think, but my thoughts are backed up by studies/theories allsorts. Women are just thought less of as they age (besides the mother role) Older female actors, presenters are not as wanted for example, where for men age doesnt matter.
Original post by stefano865
Decide how badly you want kids and then take the action to get there.

Waiting until your 40s is not a good idea.

Many women who leave it too late to plan ahead end up childless against their wishes.

Unfair I know. But that is life. :wink:

I cant decide if i want them though, i certainly hate the thought of being pregnant. If i want them it will be when im in my 40's as ive got goals i want to achieve plus ive still not travelled. So it looks like im not having them.
I cant decide if i want them though, i certainly hate the thought of being pregnant. If i want them it will be when im in my 40's as ive got goals i want to achieve plus ive still not travelled. So it looks like im not having them.

what goals do you have that will take you until youre 40?
what goals do you have that will take you until youre 40?

Well i want to stay single for a while to travel, get into new hobbies/sportst, I need meet someone, get to know them before settlling down. Its going to take me years to save for a mortgage, even if i dont have kids hopefully i will at least make the first time buyer deal begore im 40 lol. I run and lift weights so to improve my fitness can take years only for pregnancy to ruin it all. Its ok for men they can get their woman pregnant then still work on their goals and body. I dont know, i still have time but i just dont want to be on a time limit. I feel i wont feel emotionally ready/maternal and settled down enough until into my 40's.
Is it your sex that disappoints you? Or the way your sex is viewed and treated?
It is about what i think society think, but my thoughts are backed up by studies/theories allsorts. Women are just thought less of as they age (besides the mother role) Older female actors, presenters are not as wanted for example, where for men age doesnt matter.

I'm not trying to patronise you, or try and act like I have it particularly tough but you (unavoidably) have a very one sided view on the male experience. There is much more men face then just that, just as women face things most men would have no idea about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending