The Student Room Group

How do you know if you're ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JubilationXXV
Do you think that we judge ourselves more harshly?

Yeah probably the case, I've known a lot of people I've considered good-looking who are a bit critical of themselves. I guess because we only see things from our perspective, we have a bit of victim complex where we think there's some sort of world conspiracy about us to make us feel better. But actually nobody really cares and thinks you look normal.
Are the compliments from people who you don't know very well? Are thosr complimentd on your apparence? If yes to both of these, then no you are not "ugly" but then again, beauty is subjective.
Original post by Dinasaurus
It does - the ugly proper tend to be far more lenient when rating each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not my point haha
Don't necessarily have to compliment someone to get with them :tongue:
Look in a mirror, if it cracks....you're ugly. :colonhash:
Be grateful for the compliments you get and stop moaning. That looks worse typed but I mean just accept the compliments because you deserve them.

Even if you were ugly then there's no way you can change that unless you have a face surgery or something which I strongly doubt you will.

Basically you just have to accept yourself for who you are and convince yourself you are better.
Don't let people define you; define yourself.
Gain confidence in your skin. People will find you pretty only if you find yourself pretty first.
Looking around, guys don't always go for the prettiest girls and some are descent enough to understand inner beauty.
Ok enough of the lecture, i admit it's easier said than done.
Original post by loveleest
Are the compliments from people who you don't know very well? Are thosr complimentd on your apparence? If yes to both of these, then no you are not "ugly" but then again, beauty is subjective.

It's a mix of both, strangers and colleagues.
I rarely in my life ever gotten compliments from outsiders, so you know you;re not as ugly as you think if you;re receiving compliments from people who aren't your family without begging for them.
If you can't even look at your face, you're ugly. However, if you can, you are not ugly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending