The Student Room Group

17 and considering about getting a car

Hi I'm 17 now and I am thinkIng about buying a car, I was thinking about buying a Mercedes g wagon but I'm not sure if I can get insured , what are your opinions.
Get a G wagon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Get a G wagon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am willing to spend at least £50,000 to 65,000 on a car but the G wagon is a bit to big don't you think
Original post by Money Dreams
I am willing to spend at least £50,000 to 65,000 on a car but the G wagon is a bit to big don't you think

No it is quite small compared to most other 4x4s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No it is quite small compared to most other 4x4s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok sure I will buy one but now the hard thing is finding a insurer
Ok sure I will buy one but now the hard thing is finding a insurer

If you have £60,000 spare I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

How do you have so much money to spend on a first car?!? Has it not occurred to you that as a new driver your chances of scraping it or messing it up are pretty high so you may as well pay less for a car and upgrade in a couple of years? I know 2 people who have written off their first cars within 3 months of having their license.
Reply 7
Original post by liquity
How do you have so much money to spend on a first car?!? Has it not occurred to you that as a new driver your chances of scraping it or messing it up are pretty high so you may as well pay less for a car and upgrade in a couple of years? I know 2 people who have written off their first cars within 3 months of having their license.

I don't want to make any assumptions but I think this may well be a troll thread. :wink:
Reply 8
My parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia so money isn't a issue its just finding a insurer I haven't received any quotes from top companies like Gocompare .etc..
Reply 9
Sorry I forgot my login this is the original thread maker , so as my parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia the money isn't a issue its just finding a company that will insure me . Please this is serious so no trolls
Original post by ROC10
I don't want to make any assumptions but I think this may well be a troll thread. :wink:

Now you've said that I totally see this now :wink:
Original post by liquity
Now you've said that I totally see this now :wink:

I thought it was obvious from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skeetsey
Sorry I forgot my login this is the original thread maker , so as my parents own a oil rig in Saudi Arabia the money isn't a issue its just finding a company that will insure me . Please this is serious so no trolls

dood if this were true, you would not be asking for advice on TSR :rofl:
I thought it was obvious from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I'm not the best at distinguishing what is a joke and what isn't aha
Original post by Skeetsey

if you phone them they'll insure you when you give them circumstances

Spoiler

And I am here going to buy a bicycle :redface: :biggrin:
If you have £60,000 spare I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

or you could do an optic nadeshot and get a BMW i8 and trade it in for a G wagon. works eitherway
Hi I'm 17 now and I am thinkIng about buying a car, I was thinking about buying a Mercedes g wagon but I'm not sure if I can get insured , what are your opinions.

Don't bother, end of story.
a tesla model s, because its damn fine

Quick Reply

Latest