The Student Room Group

I think my teachers are teaching too slow?!

I am supposed to be revising for my mocks next week but just looking at my text book has me scared.

There are 4 modules in the book, one being practical skills and while only one is actually in our mock exam we are doing (yay) it's the only one we have done so far! I know it is the biggest but it has taken forever.

We have barely started the other two and I'm worried my teachers are not going to fit it all in the year without rushing it.

My teachers are very thorough and I'm confident with my understanding of what we have done so far. And we definitely won't have time for any revision in lessons.
I'm studying the OCR Specification.

How far has everyone else got?
I'm on the same board. You should end up having enough time for revision, the biodiversity module is quite quick. When you get to A2, on the other hand...
i would say...
if you think you are behind, then don't rely on the teacher... i know that teachers are there to teach you
but for your own benefit i would say- find resources or youtube clips to help yourself out
afterall if you achieve bad grades no one is going to blame on the teachers
:h:
slowly
Reply 4
It might seem slow but usually teachers have planned this stuff out quite well.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
i would say...
if you think you are behind, then don't rely on the teacher... i know that teachers are there to teach you
but for your own benefit i would say- find resources or youtube clips to help yourself out
afterall if you achieve bad grades no one is going to blame on the teachers
:h:

I definitely find YouTube helpful, once these mocks are over I will certainly be reading ahead as I find Biology very interesting anyway:u:
Reply 6
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I'm on the same board. You should end up having enough time for revision, the biodiversity module is quite quick. When you get to A2, on the other hand...

Thanks for the reply :tongue:
I definitely like the look of the A2 modules but they look very intense!
I don't enjoy all of the biodiversity stuff so I'm glad it is short. I definitely prefer the human biology stuff as I would like to go into medicine. What do you think is your favourite part of the specification??
Reply 7
Original post by donte
It might seem slow but usually teachers have planned this stuff out quite well.

Spoiler

That's what I thought - I should trust them but I'm worried they're over estimating our class as a whole and don't realise how long it will take everyone to learn the stuff properly. Personally, I'm okay with moving faster so will definitely read ahead! Thanks for the comment :redface:
Same, we haven't even started learning triple science modules (C3 etc) :/

EDIT: just realised this is for A level :facepalm::getmecoat:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by surina16
Same, we haven't even started learning triple science modules (C3 etc) :/

EDIT: just realised this is for A level :facepalm::getmecoat:

It's okay hahah. As my teacher says "GCSE Science isn't even Science!" :biggrin:Basically, he thinks it is too easy so you should do fine!!
Original post by Hollie_Jessop
I definitely find YouTube helpful, once these mocks are over I will certainly be reading ahead as I find Biology very interesting anyway:u:

aha cool
:tongue:
Original post by Hollie_Jessop
Thanks for the reply :tongue:
I definitely like the look of the A2 modules but they look very intense!
I don't enjoy all of the biodiversity stuff so I'm glad it is short. I definitely prefer the human biology stuff as I would like to go into medicine. What do you think is your favourite part of the specification??

Ooh I'm applying for med this year! :smile: I love Biology in general, but my favourite topics this year is the Liver/Kidney modules, and the DNA modules that we are doing currently (which is very hard but enjoyable!). I'm retaking F211 this year to boost my biology mark, I've skimmed it so far and it's a really nice exam tbh, make sure you ace it this year :biggrin:
Good luck with your exams! I luckily enjoy science so I think I will do well!
Reply 13
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Ooh I'm applying for med this year! :smile: I love Biology in general, but my favourite topics this year is the Liver/Kidney modules, and the DNA modules that we are doing currently (which is very hard but enjoyable!). I'm retaking F211 this year to boost my biology mark, I've skimmed it so far and it's a really nice exam tbh, make sure you ace it this year :biggrin:

Ohh what other subjects are you doing and what grade are you hoping for in biology?

I am on the new specification so I have the exams at the end of A2 which is difficult. However, the worst part is finding past paper questions as we don't have the same modules in each paper and stuff. Anything from the two years can come up in either of our exams so makes revision much harder :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest