The Student Room Group

Girls that call themselves UGLY PISS ME OFF

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
But you're beautiful! :yep:

:lol: now i'm gonna have to try and not annoy everyone on this thread by not accepting that compliment :rofl:
ok here goes :afraid:

thank you lovely :hat2:

i don't believe it but thank you *eek runs away*
There are many ugly people. If one's appearance in unpleasant or repulsive, one is ugly. It's simple. I personally find eczema on the face to be unpleasant to look at, and therefore I would likely find you ugly. Obviously I don't, because I don't know what you look like.

A reasonable approach to how one views appearance is much more beneficial than a lie-riddled emotional barrier. You can cry about how everyone is beautiful all day, but it doesn't change the fact. I know that I myself am not ugly, but I'm not significantly attractive either. The best judgement that I can make from the evidence that I have gathered from my experience of looking at myself and judging other people's reactions to my appearance is that I am more attractive than average, but not at all eye-catching.

Ugly people tend to find others more attractive. Maybe you are so ugly that everyone seems attractive relative to yourself. I don't doubt that it is possible - not saying it is the case however.
Original post by Anonymous
:lol: now i'm gonna have to try and not annoy everyone on this thread by not accepting that compliment :rofl:
ok here goes :afraid:

thank you lovely :hat2:

i don't believe it but thank you *eek runs away*

People have a bad habit of rejecting compliments or not taking them serious, this just makes them more insecure. (I did this even as a guy) I've learnt to just accept all compliments and take it as true, you feel so much better about yourself. :yep:

So as Mrs Holmes said, you are beautiful :ahee:
People have a bad habit of rejecting compliments or not taking them serious, this just makes them more insecure. (I did this even as a guy) I've learnt to just accept all compliments and take it as true, you feel so much better about yourself. :yep:

So as Mrs Holmes said, you are beautiful :ahee:

yeah that is true but it is hard to accept something you don't think is true and despite what anyone says noone can know how anyone else perceives themselves. should probably try that tho tbh :hugs:
xDDD looool :rofl: idk who you are but i have never shown a guy on here my picture :lol: only shown 5 people and they are all girls xD
but thank you anyway :hugs: x
i never called myself that i am ugly
in the morning when i wake up i just look at myself and just adore my beauty

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
I can see why it would annoy you and i try my best not to do that but sometime's admittedly i find it hard to accept compliments :/ mainly because i think that they are lying and are only doing it to be courteous like it really annoys me when (bc i like complimenting others) i say like oh your hair looks amazing or something or y'know if she is a bit hot :mmm: and then they say 'ur's does as well' but it is clearly not true because you have just ran a mile to school in january in the wind ;-;

Cavy? Is that you? :wink:

But seriously I do the same thing so yeah I'm a hypocrite :colondollar:
Because some people genuinely believe that they're ugly. It makes me really upset when girls feel like their self worth is determined by the amounts of "instagram likes" they get or how many followers they have etc. The media portrays all these celebrities and other internet celebrities as being beautiful with perfect ski slope noses and long eyelashes, great hair and plump lips etc and when social media plays a role in someone's life and you don't look like that it can lead to you feeling insecure AF. I am a honest believer that everyone IS beautiful, it may not be to the standards of someone like Megan Fox but the only thing that can be ugly about someone is if their personality is rotten.
yeah that is true but it is hard to accept something you don't think is true and despite what anyone says noone can know how anyone else perceives themselves. should probably try that tho tbh :hugs:
xDDD looool :rofl: idk who you are but i have never shown a guy on here my picture :lol: only shown 5 people and they are all girls xD
but thank you anyway :hugs: x

Well I mean people don't have to say a compliment, so when they do there must some truth behind it! :biggrin: you should, it does wonders for your self esteem!

I know lol, but I think I know which user you are, if so you definitely have a beautiful personality :yep:
intelligence/personality is largely genetic
as is facial beauty

so personality compliments are no less shallow than complimenting someone's beauty imo
Original post by Anonbabes
Like seriously......................................................................................
I have eczema on my face, it itches like hell, sometimes it pisses me off bare, but I still never think / say I am Ugly, cause I'm not. Neither is anyone else.

Some people say that because they believe it! Also guys say it too!
You're probably ugly if you think this.

And no, not everyone is beautiful. Can we stop with the bull ****
Original post by alkaline.
intelligence/personality is largely genetic
as is facial beauty

so personality compliments are no less shallow than complimenting someone's beauty imo

You talk so much **** it's unreal.
Intelligence isn't genetic - is that your excuse for being such a dumb ****?
Personality is barely genetic either.

And beauty is around 50 genetic. There's loads of things people could do to improve themselves.
Original post by BioStudentx
You talk so much **** it's unreal.
Intelligence isn't genetic - is that your excuse for being such a dumb ****?
Personality is barely genetic either.

And beauty is around 50 genetic. There's loads of things people could do to improve themselves.

lol ik
no excuses from me fam

Some of these responses rofl
Thats cool. I dislike ugly people in general.
Original post by Al-Qamar
Thats cool. I dislike ugly people in general.

Inb4 "you dislike yourself then?"
Original post by georgiaswift
Some people have mental issues that affect how they see their body, and some people have incredibly low self confidence. You're lucky you have the confidence to think you're beautiful, but lots of people don't. It's a shame that people with low self esteem and/or mental illness piss you off.

Also, some people really are ugly and it's not a bad thing to admit it. It's not all about self-confidence or mental health. Some people are just unattractive either face-wise or body-wise.

[video="youtube;Teu34i1eVZU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teu34i1eVZU[/video]
Reply 37
Might be some behavioural issues holding you back too. Never attractive to be bitter.
Original post by georgiaswift
Some people have mental issues that affect how they see their body, and some people have incredibly low self confidence. You're lucky you have the confidence to think you're beautiful, but lots of people don't. It's a shame that people with low self esteem and/or mental illness piss you off.

So much PRSOM blues going on here… this is great
Reply 39
Original post by stefano865
I get what you are saying.

Bear in mind that some people's mental state affects their perception of themselves.

But others call themselves ugly when in reality they have no idea what it is like.

Try telling that to someone with cystic acne or something like that.

:wink:

I believe there's two type of people. One that just call them self ugly for attention / the type that actually think they're ugly when they compare themselves with other people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending