The Student Room Group

Cambridge re-applicant 2017 question

I've decided to take a gap year and then reapply but I heard that Cambridge will be introducing pre-interview tests to asses applicants who don't have AS grades because of the new system. My question is, will re-applicants also have to take these tests even if we will already have our A2 grades and presumably, they will be A*AA/A*A*A if we're re-applying?
Original post by Iman12
I've decided to take a gap year and then reapply but I heard that Cambridge will be introducing pre-interview tests to asses applicants who don't have AS grades because of the new system. My question is, will re-applicants also have to take these tests even if we will already have our A2 grades and presumably, they will be A*AA/A*A*A if we're re-applying?

Nowhere on their website on new admission test info says post-qualification applicants will be exempt from the test, so I think it's fair to assume you'll have to.
Original post by vincrows
Nowhere on their website on new admission test info says post-qualification applicants will be exempt from the test, so I think it's fair to assume you'll have to.

I think that's likely to be correct, because for one, it means that you have a fair crack of the whip against the others applying, and two, they are obviously keen to use these tests as part of the selection, so will want that data about all applicants.

Think of it this way, the test will really be the only thing you have to prepare for, whilst those who are in A2 year will be doing work for that too.
Original post by Iman12

Yes if your subject has pre-interview assessments. Not all subjects do - some will be using at-interview assessments and Mathematics admissions will continue as previous years.

The Admissions Assessments (not tests - they're not pass/fail, there's no cutoff and marks are only considered in the context of everything else we know about you) will be taken by all candidates from the UK and overseas except for those applying to the Mature colleges. All applicants to a given course will take the same assessment across the University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending