The Student Room Group

My Journey to achieving the best GCSE grades!

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

My Name is Fathima and I will be sitting my GCSE's from May onwards!!

I wanted to make this thread to help organise my thoughts to help me achieve the best possible results.

So in my mocks I achieved 11 A*'s and 2 A's!! I would scream with joy if I opened my envelope to these grades on results day!! I just have to make sure that I do not loose my focus.

My two A's were in English literature and GCSE PE.

For English literature (the subject I find the hardest!) I aim to re-read all three books and make notes on characters, themes e.t.c.

Then for all other subjects I feel like I just need to continue what I am currently doing with full determination!!!

I would really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts!

I may as well also finish off with my favourite quote to keep me motivated:wink::

'When I work - I work. When I play - I play.'
Good Luck!
Reply 2
Do u have any gud revision techniques and when is it best to start revising? I'm in yr11 too😃
Original post by ahsenrauf
Good Luck!

Thank you!!
Original post by Nikitha13
Do u have any gud revision techniques and when is it best to start revising? I'm in yr11 too😃

Well something that always keeps me going is just thinking of the feeling that I would get on results day if I were to achieve 11A*'s or more!!!! Another thing is that when I get distracted by something I remember that I have a whole 2 months to fill - this helps me to procrastinate a little as possible!!!

If you say a certain subject I could probably give more specific techniques?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog :smile:
Reply 5
Nicr blog, I'll definitely br watching :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by worksmartnothard
Well something that always keeps me going is just thinking of the feeling that I would get on results day if I were to achieve 11A*'s or more!!!! Another thing is that when I get distracted by something I remember that I have a whole 2 months to fill - this helps me to procrastinate a little as possible!!!

If you say a certain subject I could probably give more specific techniques?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog :smile:

Triple science. For my mocks I just read of the cgp books but r there any better techniques?
Original post by kennethdcharles
Nicr blog, I'll definitely br watching :smile:

Right back at you Ken!! Wishing you the best of luck with your revision!! Lets smash these GCSEs in the backside!!!
Triple science. For my mocks I just read of the cgp books but r there any better techniques?

I find it really useful to revise with friends for sciences as they involve very little interpretation. I usually act as if I am 'teaching' friends as this helps me to consolidate what I have learnt. Set up little cafe dates with them!! Also you've probably heard this one a million times but PAST PAPERS!!! They are the things that will really give you an idea of what your grades will look like in the summer. If you think it is too early to tackle the official ones now just type in what questions you want on the internet e.g. GCSE AQA Biology Unit 1 exam questions!

Hope this helped?
Reply 9
I find it really useful to revise with friends for sciences as they involve very little interpretation. I usually act as if I am 'teaching' friends as this helps me to consolidate what I have learnt. Set up little cafe dates with them!! Also you've probably heard this one a million times but PAST PAPERS!!! They are the things that will really give you an idea of what your grades will look like in the summer. If you think it is too early to tackle the official ones now just type in what questions you want on the internet e.g. GCSE AQA Biology Unit 1 exam questions!

Hope this helped?

Yup thanks 😃 Just out of curiosity what are u planning to apply for?
Reply 10
Right back at you Ken!! Wishing you the best of luck with your revision!! Lets smash these GCSEs in the backside!!!

Let's do it! Thanks :smile:
Yup thanks 😃 Just out of curiosity what are u planning to apply for?

Well at the moment I have medicine in mind but this is bound to change :ahee:
Well at the moment I have medicine in mind but this is bound to change :ahee:

Same planning to do medicine and hopefully I'll get the grades😄

What's changed ur mind? Ur grades are great!
Same planning to do medicine and hopefully I'll get the grades😄

What's changed ur mind? Ur grades are great!

I'm sure you will! What were your mock grades like?

I don't know I'm just a very very indecisive person haha, can't decide between finance and medicine but I have done lots of work experience for medicine and non for finance so idk!!! Thanks by the way :tongue:

I don't know I'm just a very very indecisive person haha, can't decide between finance and medicine but I have done lots of work experience for medicine and non for finance so idk!!! Thanks by the way :tongue:

I really need to get of tsr and do some work lol, I thought tsr would be a source of motivation not a source of distraction :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

I did my maths GCSE last year and got an a*. For my mocks in December I got 5a*s (biology, physics, re, German, geography); 3as (further maths, chemistry and English language); c in computing😂. I didn't do a mock for eng lang- our class is doing one next month I think.

What kinda work experience would u say is the best and do u know how much unis are looking for?
I did my maths GCSE last year and got an a*. For my mocks in December I got 5a*s (biology, physics, re, German, geography); 3as (further maths, chemistry and English language); c in computing😂. I didn't do a mock for eng lang- our class is doing one next month I think.

What kinda work experience would u say is the best and do u know how much unis are looking for?

Very well done! For that I'm really not the best person to ask as I haven't done much research myself!! I have bags of time to research that load in the summer, so you could ask me then :wink: xx
Very well done! For that I'm really not the best person to ask as I haven't done much research myself!! I have bags of time to research that load in the summer, so you could ask me then :wink: xx

Ok thanks😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending