The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham college allocation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EsAnd
Woo applied and allocated Hatfield for Anthropology :smile:))

Did you get an email or check the website? The website says I've been allocated Hatfield, which was my preference - but I haven't had an email yet
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Ruszty
As far as I can recall, people have been officially allocated (as in emailed) to every college except Van Mildert. So I think it's safe to assume that all of us that have had no email and checked the booking thing to see Van Mildert are probably in Van Mildert.

I'm a bit disappointed if that's the case, but I applied to Castle so not surprised. It still looks quite nice, lakes are always a good thing...

I believe we should not lose hope as I saw a girl on Facebook claiming she got allocated Van Mildert. :biggrin: In this case, they must have sent her an email. Anyway, it is not a bad place and is close to the castle. We will soon find out if that is where we are going to live next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by Loreenaj
Alternatively, you could firm the BSc for Butler and then you should be given the chance to switch to BA either at the end of level 1 or before arrival. It shouldn't be too much of a problem but I'd recommend contacting the administration whatever you decide to do.

Thank you, yeah I thought that but only problem then is that I don't have the two different grade options to really secure getting into durham. I'll contact them once I get the confirmation email about BSc allocation! :smile:
I just got university accomodation... dont know what that means
Reply 124
Original post by Akhaten
I just got university accomodation... dont know what that means

Univeristy College, as in Castle? Is that where you applied?
Reply 125
has anyone got an email from butler or is waiting for one? I checked the website and it says butler but obviously can't be 100% yet..
Reply 126
Original post by bec_anna123
has anyone got an email from butler or is waiting for one? I checked the website and it says butler but obviously can't be 100% yet..

I'm in exactly the same position - I checked the website and it says Butler but am also waiting for an email to confirm!
Reply 127
Original post by Han_L
I'm in exactly the same position - I checked the website and it says Butler but am also waiting for an email to confirm!

guessing you have butler as a preference? What course are you doing? :smile:
Has anyone heard back from St John's college yet? Still waiting for my college allocation!
Original post by CounselofMe
Has anyone heard back from St John's college yet? Still waiting for my college allocation!

So am I! I can't even log into the bookibg thibg. Can you?
Original post by Olax98
So am I! I can't even log into the bookibg thibg. Can you?

I haven't tried! I don't know whether I trust that method to give the most accurate answer anyway
Reply 131
guessing you have butler as a preference? What course are you doing? :smile:

Yeah I really like the look of Butler! I've got an offer for BA Geography - what about you!? :smile:

I'm in the same position too! I just want to know for certain. Don't want to get my hopes up that I'm in JB if it's just automatic because that's where I applied :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by Han_L
Yeah I really like the look of Butler! I've got an offer for BA Geography - what about you!? :smile:

offers for BA and BSc geography, for BA ive been reallocated to Grey and guessing I've got butler for the BSc.
planning on ringing durham up if that's the case to hopefully see about switching round the colleges, as I want BA firmed and BSc insurance! :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by charleethompson
I'm in the same position too! I just want to know for certain. Don't want to get my hopes up that I'm in JB if it's just automatic because that's where I applied :smile:

yeah same here I'm scared to be excited in case it just shows your preference!
yeah same here I'm scared to be excited in case it just shows your preference!

Definitely! Someone just posted on fb saying they've just been allocated to Collingwood so hopefully there's another round of allocations opening now! :smile:
Well I just got the confirmation, officially a Van Mildert member :unimpressed:
Whoop I just had the official Hatfield email to confirm my allocation - I guess the website is correct
Official St Cuthbert's email. So relieved
Just been allocated to Stephenson at queens. I cannot wait has anyone else been allocated there???:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest