The Student Room Group

Saudi vloggers call for gays to be executed by impalement

These two Saudi vloggers praise the religious police for beating up gay people and then call for them to be executed by impalement.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/02/12/saudi-youtube-stars-call-for-gays-to-be-executed-in-the-most-horrific-ways-possibe/

The two aspects of this video that are most notable are first that these vloggers would no doubt denounce the West as a den of iniquity for its attitude to homosexuals, but they are quite happy to ape Western fashions and to use technology invented by the infidel to upload their videos.

Second, homosexual sex is absolutely rampant in the Arab world. Not only do they have a traditional culture that is much closer to the classical world in terms of its real views on sexual relationships between men and male youths and also in terms of classifying sexual acts based on who is the active and passive partner rather than by orientation, but also that the segregation of the sexes means that their sexual practices are much like a prison.

In the West, these days you're likely to find gay people who are pretty well-adjusted and normal, who have the same aspirations in terms of career and family as heterosexuals, who are not prancing around like Alan Carr but who are just pretty normal. By contrast, in the Saudi gay scene they tend to be much more effeminate because this is what is more likely to attract all the messed up Saudi heterosexuals who want sexual release with someone who has feminine characteristics. All in all, their "values" and social mores seem very ****ed up. Why do we let people like this into advanced areas of the planet?

Some of the better comments on the YouTube video;

I saw once again why it was the right decision to leave islam.

It's really fascinating, it's like watching a barbaric ape wearing hip modern clothes that's been taught how to operate a camera and edit video footage.

^This is one the reasons why I left islam. Almost everything about it is disgusting and I am so, so glad it has no place in my life anymore. puke
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

None of this is shocking :nope:

You can't expect anything better from these kinds of people unfortunately.

Edit: didn't watch the video so now I look like a moron :h: Let this be a lesson to us all - don't be lazy :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
This was posted before, just going to get a lot of comments saying Islam is actually tolerant of homosexuality and that it is a religion of peace.
it is a satirical vlog.... the presenters are members of the LGBT community
OP fail
Original post by the bear

And this is why context is always important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Bizarre comment.

The video was reposted by Saudi gay human rights activists after it was taken down off the original channel
Reply 7
Original post by DiddyDec
And this is why context is always important.

The context being that The Bear got it wrong. The video was reposted by Saudi human rights activists after it was taken down off the original channel for hate speech.
Reply 8
Original post by digistar_100
OP fail

Haha how can you have red gems? :lol:
Original post by GoldenFang
Bizarre comment.

The video was reposted by Saudi gay human rights activists after it was taken down off the original channel

whevs
Reply 10
whevs

Does that mean "I was completely wrong"? Where is the evidence for your bizarre claim?

If you were wrong, just man up and admit it
Does that mean "I was completely wrong"? Where is the evidence for your bizarre claim?

If you were wrong, just man up and admit it

:wavey:
What a ****ing tool the OP is.
The context being that The Bear got it wrong. The video was reposted by Saudi human rights activists after it was taken down off the original channel for hate speech.

Have you seen their other videos? Bear is never wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's just a prank bro

Spoiler

It's satire. I've seen a lot in the progressive Arab & Muslim communities who make these "extreme" videos to poke fun of the views that are held by ISIS. I think they made a mis-calculation in that they didn't make it clear enough for Western viewers that it was actually a joke.

Lol. Tbh I saw it as a satirical piece. I don't see how this video can seriously incite and encourage violence when they use frickin emojis and were pretending to be women themselves...It's counter-intuitive no? I'd think if they were serious they'd go for a more religious-themed video on how it's haram.

Oh well.
Original post by High Stakes

Spoiler

It's satire. I've seen a lot in the progressive Arab & Muslim communities who make these "extreme" videos to poke fun of the views that are held by ISIS. I think they made a mis-calculation in that they didn't make it clear enough for Western viewers that it was actually a joke.

Lol. Tbh I saw it as a satirical piece. I don't see how this video can seriously incite and encourage violence when they use frickin emojis and were pretending to be women themselves...It's counter-intuitive no? I'd think if they were serious they'd go for a more religious-themed video on how it's haram.

Oh well.

I really should have watched the video :facepalm2:

That's what I get for being lazy :yes:
vlog ur widdle <3's out, i dare u
come @ me vloggers. come @ me OP.

Original post by ByronicHero
I really should have watched the video :facepalm2:

That's what I get for being lazy :yes:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Oh well.

Satire doesn't excuse it, if it is satire which I doubt it is, this does not excuse the fact it crossed the line.

Making jokes about rape doesn't mean you condone rape but you still shouldn't make them.

Also can you give me the source on this being satire? Seeing responses to the video on other forums, I can't see anyone saying this is satire. Progressive in the Muslim community also seems to be an oxymoron.

Spoiler

Oh well.

lol I find that Arabs and Muslims actually hate ISIS for ruining their rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending