The Student Room Group

Struggling to revise please help

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to this site so I don't really no where to ask this question so I appologise if it is in the wrong section or whatever.

So basically, I've got my mocks in a week and then my real exams in less than 90 days... The problem however is that I don't really know how I should go about revising for 23 exams and 14 mocks in such a small space of time.

A lot of website I have checked say that you should make notes and this is what I have been doing for the past year however I don't ever really go back to them and seen as my hand writing isn't really that good I sometimes struggle to understand half the notes I have made. Other than that, a lot of the stuff I revise I forget over the course of a few days and the whole process is far too time consuming. So my question is how would you lot go about revising in an effective manner? All contributions are greatly appreciated thank you :smile:
I have my gcses soon too. I think now is the perfect time to revise, so don't worry if you haven't already. As long as you start now - you could even start tonight! Just make sure you don't leave it too late because you'll regret it.

I find this youtube video really useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpLPUsKfHY

also, why not try typing your notes?
good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Ella_08
I have my gcses soon too. I think now is the perfect time to revise, so don't worry if you haven't already. As long as you start now - you could even start tonight! Just make sure you don't leave it too late because you'll regret it.

I find this youtube video really useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpLPUsKfHY

good luck

Thank you, that video was really helpful, and I might try typing up my notes that seems like a good idea. Good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ella_08

good luck

I keep planning to revise then when the time comes for me to revise I just end up doing something else or my friends text me and I feel like replying.
Reply 4
I find if you watch videos on a specific subject it really helps me. I also do try to use revision guides and write notes too but I think watching videos on the topic is much more useful. If you just type into youtube the topic you are doing a video should come up :smile:
Original post by m.dani
Thank you, that video was really helpful, and I might try typing up my notes that seems like a good idea. Good luck with your exams :smile:

Yeah, I think typing is better when you have big chunks of texts but if it's maths with loads of x2 and square roots and stuff then you're best writing it out.
:wink:
Original post by dp1828
I find if you watch videos on a specific subject it really helps me. I also do try to use revision guides and write notes too but I think watching videos on the topic is much more useful. If you just type into youtube the topic you are doing a video should come up :smile:

I make revision youtube videos so making them helps me. And watching them back. If anyone does gcse ocr 21st century science just tell me and i can pm you my videos for easy revision
Reply 7
Original post by Ella_08
I make revision youtube videos so making them helps me. And watching them back. If anyone does gcse ocr 21st century science just tell me and i can pm you my videos for easy revision

You do? That's great! I am doing GCSE science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest