The Student Room Group

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kay_Winters
Gender dsyphoria is not voluntary, being transgender is not voluntary.

Yeah. Ok
Original post by Dandaman1
To call a transgender man a male is still an inaccuracy. It's an informal misuse of formal terminology. Most educated people use the terms male and female properly, otherwise it causes unecessary confusion.

Biological sex is not something that can be changed through colloquialisms.

I would hasten to say that before it became acceptable, and really it still isn't I'd say, to be out as transgender there was little difference between man and male and woman and female, this is simply something which is changing, in my experience, which is limited I know, I have never met someone who sees a difference between man and male and woman and female, and I haven't met or seen anyone who would refuse to call a transman a man but not a male, and the same for a transwoman

Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah. Ok

I sense a hint of sarcasm in your reply?
Original post by cherryred90s
Was thinking this too.
That article appears as if it's only eligible to those without a uterus but says nothing about infetile women or those with a condition that makes it extremely difficult to conceive naturally. They should get priority imo

While I'm no physician, this is an extremely invasive procedure that requires the use of immune system-suppressing anti-rejection medication, and I'm pretty sure there are much better and easier ways for infertile women who have a uterus to conceive, such as IVF.
Original post by ♡ ♡
No they aren't at all, people who refer to them as female are using the term purposefully and are wrong they aren't female at all, they just are male people trying to have female features. That's it they'll never be females they'll always be male and they also always be men never women. Just because they want to be women and modify themselves doesn't mean they now become women.
Following your logic: the guy who modified himself to look like a cat is a cat. No! They're just weird.

Who are you to decide whether somebody is male or female? It's their choice, so leave them to it.

This sort of thinking is why we have to use trans man and trans woman, rather than calling them something which doesn't seperate them from society, like man or woman.
Original post by SGHD26716
Population Growth

Trans women make up a tiny fraction of the population, and my guess is that only a small proportion of them will want this procedure. The population will not grow appreciably as a result of this new technique.
Original post by Craig1998
Who are you to decide whether somebody is male or female? It's their choice, so leave them to it.

This sort of thinking is why we have to use trans man and trans woman, rather than calling them something which doesn't seperate them from society, like man or woman.

Hey buddy should I re-upload the definition of female or are u okay to scroll up and click on the picture?
I'm quite religious. To all you religious people that don't agree with it-- that's your opinion, if you aren't doing what you don't agree to, you are sorted. My point here is that you should do what you agree with and you shouldn't inflict your beliefs on others. I'm not Christian but I thought it would fit well- "love thy neighbour"-- so why are you going against that?

To be honest with you, I don't actually mind what trans women decide to do, as I am not trans and its their body. We shouldn't choose what they should do? What was the endless fight for equal rights worth for if we are discussing what someone should do to their body or not.

I don't know what to think of trans people but I do know that it is wrong to inflict my beliefs on someone.

Religious people against shouldn't inflict their beliefs on trans and trans supporters.
And trans supporters shouldn't inflict their beliefs on people against.

As long as no-one trans is being forced to do anything that they don't want to, our opinions don't exactly decide what should happen to them.
Original post by loveleest
gender dysphoria does exist. Do you think an individual would go through so much **** in life and abuse because they want to be the opposite gender. ?

Of course that Trapz lad is right on the money.

Guy going to get his schlong chopped off and take hormones to make him become all women like? For ***** and giggles mate, nothing more.

Serious business though, so how exactly does this work? I understand a women somehow born without a uterus could get one implanted, but surely for someone who was born male, even with hormone therapy, their physiologically not designed to have a uterus in there, won't things like internal muscular differ a little? Then obviously it'll be born by C-section, but is there not other issues with the uterus not having any sort of normal attachment to the rest of the female reproductive system?
Original post by ♡ ♡
Hey buddy should I re-upload the definition of female or are u okay to scroll up and click on the picture?

I don't care what a definition says, if I want to be called a man I'll ask people to call me a man. I'm not going with some pre-determined decision made by society as to what gender I am.
Original post by Kay_Winters
I'm sure the fact people are using the term female purposefully for it's correlation with having a vagina and female sex organs will come as new information to plenty of transwomen, men and ciswomen. In any case it seems I can't at all convince you to give up the deep burning hatred you express your your fellow persons and I simply hope you one day will respect those who are transgender, what they go through and what they live with.

What you're saying would make sense if we were in a future a la Culture where sex changes are as easy as flipping a light switch, but we still live in a relatively primitive era in medical technology where sex changes are still at the duct tape stage. Trying to say there's no distinction between trans- and cis- females in such an era not only comes across as arrogant, but also insincere since you seem to insist that we should be continuously mindful of what transgender women especially go through.

You also mention in an earlier post "Male/female and man/women are terms interchangeably used in modern society". First off, even amongst those involved in discussing gender dysphoria, it seems to me there is a clear distinction between biological sex and gender identity, so this is an absolutely misleading statement. Even if you were only talking about gender identity, we evidently haven't reached the point where the malleability of gender identity is agreed among the majority of the population. I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by continually stating the opposite of reality when the more productive thing to do is to change people's minds. Then again I suppose it's easier to antagonise people by accusing them of being possessed of a 'deep burning hatred' than making Oscar-nominated movies or doing medical research. smh.
So why did God make people have gender dysphoria?

Are you 12.
Mummy, why is there a ghost outside my window? :puppyeyes:
Mummy, why is there bad in the world? :puppyeyes:
Original post by Craig1998
I don't care what a definition says, if I want to be called a man I'll ask people to call me a man. I'm not going with some pre-determined decision made by society as to what gender I am.

Not society, reality. The fact that you would be referred to as a man is a stupid decision made by society. You can call yourself what you want love, doesn't mean it's true. I'm gonna tell everyone to refer to me as a bowl of porridge then is that alright?
Original post by mango peeler
Are you 12.
Mummy, why is there a ghost outside my window? :puppyeyes:
Mummy, why is there bad in the world? :puppyeyes:

Yeah I am 12 :smile:
This is not going to end too well or be successful as people think it is going to be in my opinion. Trans "women" do not possess the vital organs and do not have the body structure to give birth to children in the long term or even form babies. The procedure is going to be one big flop and a messy mess.

I think trans "women" who would put themselves in this position just trying to convince themselves they're "real" women and the world. The truth is trans "women" aren't real women. An orange can look like an apple and taste very similar to an apple but at the end of the day the orange is an orange. This is not going to end too well and I think people really taken the transgender thing too far and too seriously. Sure, a man can identify as a woman and spend thousands of dollars on surgery to look like and feel like one but it doesn't change the fact he is not capable of child birth, and still has an penis. A thousands dollars or a million will end up in the drain and possibly dead men who will fall victim to the procedure. Even if he can form a baby, will be the baby be a normal baby?

This is sad, not ground breaking. On the other hand, where the heck will the money come from?

Oh, yeah I'm totally going to invest in this. Biology says men can't give birth to kids? Screw biology. I'm scientist and can change biology because I'm a God, and society told me men can be real women if they want to despite the obvious biologic differences and the true definition of real women. I'm a true believer in science but I totally believe men can be real women because uh...society. Can people come back down to planet Earth (reality) from lala land? I don't care if men want to try this but realistically speaking pregnant men are not coming in the future near you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah I am 12 :smile:

Lol no you just think like you are :top:
Lol no you just think like you are :top:

ok
ok

I'm getting notes that you commented two separate times in the same minute. but clearly you've deleted, and now want to pretend you only had to say just this. lol calm down. :console: I've figured out long ago you just aren't capable to handle an intelligent conversation. No hard feelings :top:
I'm getting notes that you commented two separate times in the same minute. but clearly you've deleted, and now want to pretend you only had to say just this. lol calm down. :console: I've figured out long ago you just aren't capable to handle an intelligent conversation. No hard feelings :top:

right...
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
While I'm no physician, this is an extremely invasive procedure that requires the use of immune system-suppressing anti-rejection medication, and I'm pretty sure there are much better and easier ways for infertile women who have a uterus to conceive, such as IVF.

They should create a way in which infertile women can conceive naturally. IVF is obviously not the same as feeling baby's movements as they grow inside you.
Original post by Trapz99
This is actually horrendous. Only real women (women who were born with female reproductive organs) should be able to have children. That is what God intended. If you disagree with that then you are deluded imo

No if you believe in god then you are the one who is deluded.

Quick Reply

Latest