The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry exam

Hi! For GCSE chemistry I am predicted to get a grade B overall but my teacher will not let me do the higher tier paper, what should I do? My controlled assessment grade is an A. If I were to do the foundation paper for U1,U2 & U3 and got a grade C for all of them what would my overall grade be?
Thanks
What grade did you got on your mocks? That might explain why your teacher is not letting you do the higher tier.
I think you would get a c+/b overall.
If i were you i would complain to the head of the science department because clearly you can get an a in your cousework so i don't see why your teacher is stopping you from doing the higher tier.
Original post by sheeplover
Hi! For GCSE chemistry I am predicted to get a grade B overall but my teacher will not let me do the higher tier paper, what should I do? My controlled assessment grade is an A. If I were to do the foundation paper for U1,U2 & U3 and got a grade C for all of them what would my overall grade be?
Thanks

If you got the lowest possible A and lowest possible Cs then a C overall, but if you get high C's then a B is within your reach,nothing else though
Reply 3
Original post by shohaib712
What grade did you got on your mocks? That might explain why your teacher is not letting you do the higher tier.
I think you would get a c+/b overall.
If i were you i would complain to the head of the science department because clearly you can get an a in your cousework so i don't see why your teacher is stopping you from doing the higher tier.

I got high C's in mock exams, doing foundation
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sheeplover
Thanks

Hi @sheeplover, what exam board are you with for GCSE Chemistry? AQA?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by JTran38
Hi @sheeplover, what exam board are you with for GCSE Chemistry? AQA?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF

Yes thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest