The Student Room Group

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am.

Heyllo TSR!

So, for most of us it's February Half term and as much as we all realise we need to work hard to attain the A grades that we'd love to see on our results sheet in August... it's all too easy to try and do anything to get out of the seemingly dreadful studying routine. Therefore, I thought it might be good to set up a thread for those who may be spending too much time on TSR procrastinating or anyone who needs a little boost with motivation. I think it also helps having other people revising at the same time as some form of encouragement, even if they are only virtually by your side.

Before the hour begins, the idea is that everyone states what they will do for the following 60 mins, in as much detail or as vague as you'd like then log out of the forum. After the hour, you will return here and report back with how much you managed to achieve. Hopefully it'll make everyone feel that little bit more motivated + accomplished. ^-^

You can join in at any time but if all goes well then I'll be posting from 7am -1am with one hour intervals up until the holidays are over. Not sure if I'm being over ambitious..well, it can't hurt to try. :laugh: Hours will be adjusted afterwards to suit the school period.

So if this sounds like your thing, then get your stationery + revision guides ready bc the first session will begin at 8:30pm.

May Half term revision timetable!

6:00am- Block starts.
7:30am- Block ends.
7:30-8:00am- Break period.

8:00am- Block starts.
9:30am- Block ends.
9:30-10:00am- Break period.

10:00am- Block starts.
11:30am- Block ends.
11:30-12:00pm- Break period.

12:00pm- Block starts.
1:30pm- Block ends.
1:30-2:00pm- Break period.

2:00pm- Block starts.
3:30pm- Block ends.
3:30-4:00pm- Break period.

4:00pm- Block starts.
5:30pm- Block ends.
5:30-6:00pm- Break period.

6:00pm- Block starts.
7:30pm- Block ends.
7:30-8:00pm - Break period.

8:00pm- Block starts.
9:30pm- Block ends.
9:30-10:00pm- Break period.

10:00pm- Block starts.
11:30pm- Block ends.
11:30-12:00am- Break period.

BEDTIME! :yawn:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Maths (C2) until 11:00 pm ^^
This sounds great
awesome as usual anon :ahee:
although mine will probably consist of more coursework than revision and i can't do it tomorrow bc photography day for art but in :lovehug: xxx
I think this will be really freaking useful! Great thread!
Great idea! :yep: Shall be taking part if that's okay!
That leaves you with at most 6 hours of sleep! :eek4:

I admire your enthusiasm but getting enough sleep is important! :redface:
Brilliant idea :yep:
I have a feeling this will be my new favourite thread :0
Original post by Anon_98
Heyllo TSR!

So, for most of us it's February half term and as much as we all realise we need to work hard to attain the A grades that we'd love to see on our results sheet in August... it's all too easy to try and do anything to get out of the seemingly dreadful studying routine. Therefore, I thought it might be good to set up a thread for those who may be spending too much time on TSR procrastinating or anyone who needs a little boost with motivation. I think it also helps having other people revising at the same time as some form of encouragement, even if they are only virtually by your side.

Before the hour begins, the idea is that everyone states what they will do for the following 60 mins, in as much detail or as vague as you'd like then log out of the forum. After the hour, you will return here and report back with how much you managed to achieve. Hopefully it'll make everyone feel that little bit more motivated + accomplished. ^-^

You can join in at any time but if all goes well then I'll be posting from 7am -1am with one hour intervals up until the holidays are over. Not sure if I'm being over ambitious..well, it can't hurt to try. :laugh: Hours will be adjusted afterwards to suit the school period.

So if this sounds like your thing, then get your stationery + revision guides ready bc the first session will begin at 8:30pm.

This is great! After this, I should be able to say that I did at least 2 and a half hours of revision :woo:

(That's the most I've done all week)
Great thread!!!! :biggrin:
I'll be doing Chemistry; questions on chiral synthesis followed by notes on Chromatography.
Alright, so I'll be finishing my notes for P1 (two more chapters left!), and then I'll start memorising quotes for TKAM - I'm hoping to get at least 15 down to memory.
I shall be finishing off my revision of today's lectures and will hopefully get my sedimentology analysis done. If I have time I'll get started on Japanese.
This is a wonderful idea :biggrin:

I'll be on chemistry unit 2 and hope to complete a poster or two to completely summarise it (for later extension and adding more detail with other, more specific posters)
will be finishing off this A3 page on how i created the former then will start another page on how i moulded the former :smile:
People who haven't seen this thread will be wondering where half the TSRians have gone, in about 15 minutes :lol:
Will be probably be doing Biology F215 ......(if you know, you know)
Reply 17
so should we all agree to start some form of revision at 20:30
Reply 18
Original post by SeanFM
That leaves you with at most 6 hours of sleep! :eek4:

I admire your enthusiasm but getting enough sleep is important! :redface:

Yep, I'll only be doing it from 8am-1am though. :smile: So that leaves me with 7..ish hours which feels like enough. XD I tried to accommodate everyone(early morning/late night workers in the thread title/OP) if that makes sense so that's why it seems like a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Someboady
I think this will be really freaking useful! Great thread!

Original post by Plagioclase
Great idea! :yep: Shall be taking part if that's okay!

Original post by iEthan
Brilliant idea :yep:

Original post by CoolCavy
awesome as usual anon :ahee:
although mine will probably consist of more coursework than revision and i can't do it tomorrow bc photography day for art but in :lovehug: xxx

Original post by TarotOfMagic
Maths (C2) until 11:00 pm ^^
This sounds great

Original post by Naeseutaillo
This is a wonderful idea :biggrin:

I'll be on chemistry unit 2 and hope to complete a poster or two to completely summarise it (for later extension and adding more detail with other, more specific posters)

Yay, really happy with the level of interest. Thanks a lot guys. :h:

Original post by TheOtherSide.
People who haven't seen this thread will be wondering where half the TSRians have gone, in about 15 minutes :lol:

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending