The Student Room Group

Feminist Lives As A Man For 18 Months To Try To Prove "Male Privilege"

[video="youtube;Ip7kP_dd6LU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7kP_dd6LU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
This was pretty interesting and she made a fairly believable man. She certainly chose some interesting activities and I was interested in the psychological toll it took on her.
I'm feeling lazy, can some generous soul tl;dr the video for me?
Why are non issues like 'white privilege' and 'male privilege' given so much recognition when CLASS privilege is the biggest problem?
I remember reading about a cis person who acted trans for a while to get an insight into how they were treated, they got nothing but hate messages saying they were being disrespectful
Original post by defenestrated
I remember reading about a cis person who acted trans for a while to get an insight into how they were treated, they got nothing but hate messages saying they were being disrespectful

From actual trans people, or from cis people?
Original post by Mathemagicien
From actual trans people, or from cis people?

both
Reply 7
To sum up the video basically male privilege is a lie.

That was one sad half video.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Macy1998
I'm too lazy to watch the entire video but I did hear about this story of a woman who undergone a surgery to become a man then asked this man to pick her bags and the man was not having it and told her to do it herself. She wasn't transgender I think... I think to experiment? Then she learned " hey, now that I'm a guy now, I have to do my own stuff". Basically male privilege is a lie. Female privilege is where it is at.

Also some clips/parts of that video was sad to me. Like the last half.

Isn't surgery taking it a bit far for an experiment?

Also, yeah, the last part was sad... but its very good of her to do this, especially since such prolonged transformation of identity is uncharted territory
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mathemagicien
Isn't surgery taking it a bit far for an experiment?

Yep. She wasn't a transgender, I'm sure of that. She didn't feel like a man she just liked the idea that men were living it up? She still had that girl mindset.

That video really opened my eyes. One sad video it is. I almost feel sorry for some men. Hmm, who would have known male privilege is a lie.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by NickLCFC
Why are non issues like 'white privilege' and 'male privilege' given so much recognition when CLASS privilege is the biggest problem?

Class privilge?!...you're sounding awfully communist there mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Macy1998
To sum up the video basically male privilege is a lie.

That was one sad half video.

Yes in the West, male privilige is definitely non-existent now, and in fact the situation has been reversed and now women are the ones who receive more privilege.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickLCFC

People talk about the male/female disparity in Parliament etc but it's nothing compared to the class disparity. Harriet Harman - whose family were balling and who went to a school as exclusive as "Gideon's" (who people mock for his privileged background) making out she's hard done by. Yeah piss off...........

How about she talks about a real male privilege issue going on where Muslim women being prevented from being Labour councilors by the men in their communities? No? Yeah thought not...........
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending