The Student Room Group

Graduate jobs

Getting to that point now where I have to start considering what area of nursing (adult) I want to go in to... But what is the application process like in applying for nursing jobs? I'm hoping to work in haematology, do I get any preference on this or can I only apply for whatever jobs are going?
Original post by fran_topham
Getting to that point now where I have to start considering what area of nursing (adult) I want to go in to... But what is the application process like in applying for nursing jobs? I'm hoping to work in haematology, do I get any preference on this or can I only apply for whatever jobs are going?

NHS Jobs and search for vacancy. Big hospitals often do recruitment drives around graduation times and will do general interviews and assign you to vacancies post interview (you can state a preference for available jobs). Or if there are vacancies in a specific area you can apply straight for those. But its all done through NHS jobs.
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
NHS Jobs and search for vacancy. Big hospitals often do recruitment drives around graduation times and will do general interviews and assign you to vacancies post interview (you can state a preference for available jobs). Or if there are vacancies in a specific aarea you can apply straight for those. But its all done through NHS jobs.

Hi ForestCat thanks for your reply :smile: do they take preferences into consideration at all or must it be specific to vacancies? Thanks again
Hi ForestCat thanks for your reply :smile: do they take preferences into consideration at all or must it be specific to vacancies? Thanks again

It depends on how many vacancies they have. Have you had a look at jobs in your preferred trust yet?
Reply 4
It depends on how many vacancies they have. Have you had a look at jobs in your preferred trust yet?

Yeah there's a few decent ones up there, but going to keep my eyes out because there's always new vacancies coming up
Yeah there's a few decent ones up there, but going to keep my eyes out because there's always new vacancies coming up

Its always worth filling out an application for ones that take your fancy. Its good practice and its worth having a back up in case your dream job doesn't come up anytime soon.
Reply 6
Its always worth filling out an application for ones that take your fancy. Its good practice and its worth having a back up in case your dream job doesn't come up anytime soon.

Exactly, don't want to put all my eggs in one basket!! :biggrin:
Exactly, don't want to put all my eggs in one basket!! :biggrin:

Also remember your first job is not where you're going to end up. Pick somewhere where you're going to be happy for a year and get your skills and then you can move on if need be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending