The Student Room Group

Bes material for a suit?

I'm trying to decide between whether i should buy a 100% wool suit or one that is 50% wool and 50% polyester. I'm attending a wedding on the weekend.

I'll need it for an interview later in March too apart from that I don't think i'll be wearing it that much. Any advice is appreciated.

These are the one i have in mind, tailored fit.

http://www.next.co.uk/x57414s5

http://www.next.co.uk/x57418s1
Well 100% wool is generally the best quality but they are generally more expensive. Polyester suits with low wool content tend to get this shine to them which is generally seen as bad, I know some people seem to like this shine look but it's traditionally regarded as being of poor quality.

But if you're wearing it once, it really shouldn't matter. But considering it is only a £15 price jump for the 100% wool it seems to be your best bet.
Lol they're both navy ahaha. Which one do you mean?
Wool is your best bet. :smile:
Original post by Supersaps
Wool is your best bet. :smile:

Pure wool you mean right?
Reply 5
the wool of a wooly mammoth i heard is pretty decent
Yeah, polyester is a synthetic material and looks cheap.

Also I would always go for a 2nd hand suit (that's been barely used) over a new one unless you're willing to spend a lot of money.

With a 2nd hand suit, you can get a £500 suit for maybe £150. And make sure you get it tailored to YOU. Buy the right size in the chest and the length, then get the waist and the sleeves tailored to your exact body shape. It'll only got 20 quid or so.

There's no waste of money like an expensive suit that isn't tailored to your body. :smile:

SS
Tom Ford
pure wool in your circumstance but next time spend some real change and hit up a nice silk suit from a big name like

Original post by Paktriot
Tom Ford

or versace
Linen for the summer, wool for the winter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the blue one..If you have a budget, go for silk or cashmere suit. But if you're not sure of which fabric to select, suit that is made out of 100 percent wool is perhaps the safest and best choice. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending