The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Help

I have decided that i should begin revising for my GCSE Exams in May/June however i have never revised in my life. Has anyone got any tips on when to revise, how etc
my predicted grades are:
English Language: B
English Literature: B
Mathematics: A*
Additional Science: A
Religious Studies: B
ICT: A*
Computer Science:B
Business Studies:A
History: B
Reply 1
The revision style differs slightly for each subject, and I would recommend starting your daily revision from now. Explore different methods of revision to see which is the most effective for you, and considering you have quite some time before the start of your exams, you can really see which method works best so you don't have to pointlessly revise ineffectively before the start of your exams.

Some revision methods include:

Flash cards
Past Papers
Mind Maps
Reply 2
You've never revised in your life! Get started now, because it miight take a while for you to discover which technique works best for you personally, so try everything out :tongue: Copying, flash cards, reading, memorising. Make a timetable because that will reallly help organise you're time, and time management is the key :smile:
I type noted up summarising what my text books say, then write questions for myself and learn all the answers- this is for the sciences.
For English, I bought copies of the books I'm doing and I've already started analysing them with sticky notes and highlighters
For maths, CGP books are best! Go over everything you're not confident with and do past papers
Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by Sora_
You've never revised in your life! Get started now, because it miight take a while for you to discover which technique works best for you personally, so try everything out :tongue: Copying, flash cards, reading, memorising. Make a timetable because that will reallly help organise you're time, and time management is the key :smile:
I type noted up summarising what my text books say, then write questions for myself and learn all the answers- this is for the sciences.
For English, I bought copies of the books I'm doing and I've already started analysing them with sticky notes and highlighters
For maths, CGP books are best! Go over everything you're not confident with and do past papers
Good luck!! :biggrin:

What would you say is the best way to make revision timetable?
Reply 4
I made mine on word lol but I just saw a thread somewhere here about it and people are talking about all sorts of revision table websites and stuff xD
Have the same time periods as heading and put different subjects in them :tongue: Don't fill them all though, don't forget to put breaks in!!
And don't make them too long either- 1 hour and a half max for lessons :tongue: Breaks can be more :wink:
I have a set block of a 3 hour break everyday at the same time. This is just for half term though, I'm going to make a new one this weekend for during term :smile:
Original post by Sora_
I made mine on word lol but I just saw a thread somewhere here about it and people are talking about all sorts of revision table websites and stuff xD
Have the same time periods as heading and put different subjects in them :tongue: Don't fill them all though, don't forget to put breaks in!!
And don't make them too long either- 1 hour and a half max for lessons :tongue: Breaks can be more :wink:
I have a set block of a 3 hour break everyday at the same time. This is just for half term though, I'm going to make a new one this weekend for during term :smile:

thankyou im going to create one now
CGP guides. Seriously, they are so helpful. Also, for English, read the books again, read up on the context of the book, and if you want to, watch a production of the text. That helped me a lot for All My Sons. Make a revision timetable, and make sure you stick to it. If you really want to excel, revise for the whole of Easter with an ocean of past papers, and distance yourself from TV and your phone. Obviously don't completely leave them out, but limit how long you spend on them. My revision timetable went something like: 45 mins revision, 15 minute break, 45 mins revision, 15 minute break, and so on. You should have your exam timetable by now, and that should help you choose which subjects you revise and when. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Jamesawigley
thankyou im going to create one now

no problem & I hope it helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest