The Student Room Group

Igcse help?

im applying to do an english IGCSE exam privately and was wondering is CIE a good exam board?

plus what exams will i need to prepare for? and finally how do i know what the exams about and how do i prepare for it?

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 822
im applying to do an english IGCSE exam privately and was wondering is CIE a good exam board?

plus what exams will i need to prepare for? and finally how do i know what the exams about and how do i prepare for it?

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do CIE english, its mark scheme is quite picky I must say. for language, the format is pretty much the same, there isn't much to do for preparation but for literature it will be based on what prose, poetry and drama you choose and you must know all three very well before taking the exam. There is one english language exam and 3 literature exams. you should know how and what to pick out from text very well.
Reply 2
Original post by hirahassan
I do CIE english, its mark scheme is quite picky I must say. for language, the format is pretty much the same, there isn't much to do for preparation but for literature it will be based on what prose, poetry and drama you choose and you must know all three very well before taking the exam. There is one english language exam and 3 literature exams. you should know how and what to pick out from text very well.

i applied for the first language exam. what exams would i do? i mean whats the format of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 822

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never heard of it. Is it new?
Reply 4
Original post by ODES_PDES
Never heard of it. Is it new?

i dont know much about it i mean its new to me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 822
i dont know much about it i mean its new to me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have since heard that it stands for Cambridge International Exam. Does this mean it is for students abroad?
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
I have since heard that it stands for Cambridge International Exam. Does this mean it is for students abroad?

no its for UK students as well. i applied for it and was told it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest