The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Thank you, and see you tomorrow! :jumphug:

Haha yep :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edit: I meant 7am to 1pm, so you might just squeeze one session in.

Huh one session? Isn't it every hour lol
This is such a good idea! I just spent about half an hour teaching myself c1 integration instead of revising the subjects I actually do but go figure! Don't question the madness :smile:
Going to revise 1 hour on Geo tommorow.
Reply 64
I practiced some trigonometric examples for half an hour and at around 11pm took a 5 minute break then I realised that I hadn't even had any dinner today?! >.> I don't even know how I forgot to feed myself, I've literally just been drowning in oreos, blackcurrant squash + bottles of water all evening, probably why I've been feeling quite hungry. :emo: anyway I made myself some food then completed the hour which I was supposed to spend.

Next session at 12:30am, this one will only be half an hour bc bedtime soon. (Any night owls joining me? :ninja: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by KINGYusuf
Sounds like a good idea, I'll join in tomorrow. When is the session going to start? If 7am, woah I wake up at like 12pm-1pm lol

:lol: Umm.. Probably 8:30am I think. ^-^ There'll be another one starting at 12:30 or 2:30 if you're waking up late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
:lol: Umm.. Probably 8:30am I think. ^-^ There'll be another one starting at 12:30 or 2:30 if you're waking up late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't started full revision yet.Just light RE(find that easy) and Maths revision(find it quite hard)
Will plan to cover science(for our mocks,we just do one,instead of three),Geography,and D&T

Btw is it me or do i revise less compared to TSR.I only revise 1 hour(atm).Last year i revised 3 hours for core science,although not everyday.When i revise 3 hours,i feel like i waste half of the time just daydreaming.Sigh
OMG! LOL, I really need motivation! I'm going to try this out tomorrow! (well today seeing at its 12:19) Hopefully this will actually make me work!
Okay so tomorrow I need to finish making notes on at least 1 chapter of Psychology (the chapters are not that long, so it should be fine) -.-
The problem is LOL, that it takes me 1 hour to turn a page, and other hour to write a word :rofl:
But I can do this! :wink:
Original post by Anon_98
I practiced some trigonometric examples for half an hour and at around 11pm took a 5 minute break then I realised that I hadn't even had any dinner today?! >.> I don't even know how I forgot to feed myself, I've literally just been drowning in oreos, blackcurrant squash + bottles of water all evening, probably why I've been feeling quite hungry. :emo: anyway I made myself some food then completed the hour which I was supposed to spend.

Next session at 12:30am, this one will only be half an hour bc bedtime soon. (Any night owls joining me? :ninja: )

I hope it was a healthy meal.. :lol:
If anyone needs any help with English, Geography, or Philosophy then just hit me up.
Reply 70
Original post by Blancosdos
Haven't started full revision yet.Just light RE(find that easy) and Maths revision(find it quite hard)
Will plan to cover science(for our mocks,we just do one,instead of three),Geography,and D&T

Btw is it me or do i revise less compared to TSR.I only revise 1 hour(atm).Last year i revised 3 hours for core science,although not everyday.When i revise 3 hours,i feel like i waste half of the time just daydreaming.Sigh

Oh, I'm sure light revision is perfectly okay at this stage if I'm assuming you're at GCSE level? Plus, you've got plenty of time to try and work on your weaknesses. You'll totally do it. :borat:

Hmm..well, yes I sort of agree. I haven't really asked a lot of TSRians how many hours they spend studying but I do think I could spend more time on it and same lol... which is why I usually try and change the revision subject every 2hrs/so so I don't get bored. Perhaps you could try the same? Hopefully, as of tomorrow wasting time will be a thing of the past. :five:
Original post by Anon_98
Oh, I'm sure light revision is perfectly okay at this stage if I'm assuming you're at GCSE level? Plus, you've got plenty of time to try and work on your weaknesses. You'll totally do it. :borat:

Hmm..well, yes I sort of agree. I haven't really asked a lot of TSRians how many hours they spend studying but I do think I could spend more time on it and same lol... which is why I usually try and change the revision subject every 2hrs/so so I don't get bored. Perhaps you could try the same? Hopefully, as of tomorrow wasting time will be a thing of the past. :five:

Thanks.Any maths tips(Edxcel).I need to get a B to get entry into my school(regardless of what A levels i pick) and tbh it is quite hard for me(i'm more of a essay/biology guy)
Reply 72
Original post by FemaleBo55
OMG! LOL, I really need motivation! I'm going to try this out tomorrow! (well today seeing at its 12:19) Hopefully this will actually make me work!
Okay so tomorrow I need to finish making notes on at least 1 chapter of Psychology (the chapters are not that long, so it should be fine) -.-
The problem is LOL, that it takes me 1 hour to turn a page, and other hour to write a word :rofl:
But I can do this! :wink:

:lol: Oh yay, that sounds pretty good. :biggrin: Okee, I'll be here from half 8am onwards.

:woo: Yess, you can - I believe in you. :h:
Reply 73
Original post by SeanFM
I hope it was a healthy meal.. :lol:

XD Noodles + Sweet potato..? :dontknow:
Reply 74
Original post by Blancosdos
Thanks.Any maths tips(Edxcel).I need to get a B to get entry into my school(regardless of what A levels i pick) and tbh it is quite hard for me(i'm more of a essay/biology guy)

Oh I was with Edexcel too! :h: Hmm..well, I'd say work through your school notes from the very start of the year and do all the examples that you did in class again then check them against the correct answers. If you have any examples of types of questions that you're struggling with then just PM me at any time and I might be able to help. - my inbox is always open and I'm usually always online. Try and do all the past papers that are available to you and make sure you mark them to see where you're going wrong bc that's how you'll improve. Mymaths and HegartyMaths are also really helpful websites/videos/stuff. ^-^

Edit: If anyone else has any better tips than the ones I've provided then feel free to share them/correct me! :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 75
:work: 12:40am. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Oops, slightly later than I initally set out but oh well - I'll be continuing with my Maths revision ofc. :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
X ....Next session at 12:30am, this one will only be half an hour bc bedtime soon. (Any night owls joining me? :ninja: )

00:46 - chapter 1 cells n microscopy :headbang:
Damn you're only getting like 6 hours of sleep? Ouch
Reply 78
(and I got the A* in it :dance: )

Brilliant. :biggrin:

Original post by TyanaChu
so I think i just discovered I can't revise past 10pm my eyes feel heavy and my mind is wandering from thermal decomposition so I'm going to have to stop now :h: whens the first morning session though?

Aww :console: well at least you now know what time you work best at, that's quite important.

8:30am. :smile:

Original post by alkaline.
00:46 - chapter 1 cells n microscopy :headbang:

I hope you still managed to be efficient during these early hours. :headbang:

Original post by KINGYusuf
Damn you're only getting like 6 hours of sleep? Ouch

Gotta make sacrifices to succeed. :u:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Okay well, I'm v tired now but I think I can say that my evening was pretty productive. See you all tomorrow morning! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending