The Student Room Group

What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man?

Poll

What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man?

[video="youtube;LlFAd4YdQks"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks[/video]

2:22 is disturbing...
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Punch her in the face
"What the **** are you doing?"
Reply 3
not likely to see this
emm i dont really wanna get killed, so i really wanna mind my own business. might call the police while walking if it looked real bad.
Original post by TeeEm
not likely to see this

Is that your answer to all hypothetical questions?
I'd intervene, but at the same time, I want to keep the hair on my head. Maybe wear a helmet before I do so :redface:
Reply 7
If it was really bad then probably call the police.
Reply 8
Original post by Mathemagicien
Is that your answer to all hypothetical questions?

if it unlikely, it is also unlikely for me to worry what I would do !!
Original post by TeeEm
if it unlikely, it is also unlikely for me to worry what I would do !!

Then why bother commenting !!
Unless she has a good reason to be hitting him, I'd stop it
Reply 11
Then why bother commenting !!

I thought I will be kind and keep the thread live so others can see it in latest discussions as the thread to be in...
Reply 12
I'd intervene. I think men deserve not to get abused in the same sense women deserve not to.
Original post by TeeEm
I thought I will be kind and keep the thread live so others can see it in latest discussions as the thread to be in...

Fair enough... :wink:

Cheers
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I'd live stream the event worldwide and make sure that bitch is hounded for the rest of her life, wherever she goes.

But perhaps her anger was justified?

Original post by djpatch
I'd intervene. I think men deserve not to get abused in the same sense women deserve not to.

But don't you think, even if it were abuse, the woman does less damage than a man would?
Only guy I'm defending is my sibling.
Reply 16

But don't you think, even if it were abuse, the woman does less damage than a man would?

Yes but a man should exercise some restraint depending on the situation at hand. If a female is hitting and abusing a male then only the force needed for defence and to fend them off should be used. If a female is firing a live weapon at a male (not by any case saying it happens regularly) then clearly more force is required to neutralise the threat.

Furthermore I tend to take Whoopi Goldbergs stance on things; if a woman hits a man they cannot be expected to not receive some kind of backlash from it. The full opinion on the matter can be seen here :smile:
Reply 17
Would intervene and try and stop the woman. But I'd call the police if she looked stronger than the guy/if she seemed mental or dangerous.
if i knew the person then i would intervene, but if not i would call the police. its a two way thing
It would honestly depend on where I was and the time, if it was a popular area where someone could come and help me out. I'd probably watch for a while from a distance to see if it died down or escalated to make sure that I'd be safe. I'd probably have my phone recording or ready to call 999 too just in case anything happened to me. I'd try to calm the situation down. I wouldn't want to step in to try and help and then be attacked by one or both of them.

Quick Reply

Latest