Which maths exam?
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
What do you mean by "someone like me"?

No need to comment on that one. :redface:

Ok, expert nutritionist.
What is seriously wrong with you?

Original post by WoodyMKC
Slow and fast metabolisms do actually exist. We all have differing levels of thyroid hormones and, in short, the higher your free T3 levels the faster your metabolism and the higher your TDEE. Hence why T3 is a popular drug among bodybuilders during cutting phases. However:

While we all have differing metabolisms, EVERYONE has a Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Could be 2000 calories per day, could be 5000. The simple fact is, you need to eat more calories than you burn as your TDEE to gain weight, and since we all have a TDEE, we can all gain weight, even if it means eating upwards of 5000 calories a day.

Problem with people that swear they eat loads and don't gain weight, though, is that they really don't eat much. If you calculated the caloric intake of all the food you eat on the average day, the figure probably wouldn't be huge. It's like on Supersize vs Superskinny where the skinny person swears they eat loads and the fat person doesn't know why they're fat; then the experts monitor their eating habits and it becomes obvious. Then they try each other's diets and the skinny person struggles to eat it all and the fat person is constantly hungry.

For the record, I've been the "I never put on weight and I eat loads!" guy, but looking back I now know that I used to eat **** all really :lol:

I appreciate your time out to write this. :h:
This is all Bob ****ing basics :rofl:

Lol poor you

Yea but bro what is your 1rm bosu ball hammer curl? Srs.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Which maths exam?

I don't remember.
Ok, expert nutritionist.

What Woody is saying isn't rocket science. It takes some time learning around it but it isn't that hard.
X

Yes precisely. @dairychocolate Woody has explained it pretty clearly here. You friend for the record is probably grossly exaggerating since most guys who don't lift won't even have a 5000 caloric maintenance, unless their activity level is extremely high which is pretty plausible.

Lyle McDonald covers the topic in more details in his Fat Loss and Flexible Dieting books :smile:

Don't bother bro, guy's an *****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What Woody is saying isn't rocket science. It takes some time learning around it but it isn't that hard.

It would seem that none of you understand sacasam. Granted it's harder to read online than off.
Original post by Sae.HH
Yes precisely. @dairychocolate Woody has explained it pretty clearly here. You friend for the record is probably grossly exaggerating since most guys who don't lift won't even have a 5000 caloric maintenance, unless their activity level is extremely high which is pretty plausible.

Lyle McDonald covers the topic in more details in his Fat Loss and Flexible Dieting books :smile:

I workout in the gym but I'm sitting on my desk 24/7 either youtube/tsr/studying etc
and my maintenance is 2200 calories and I'm currently on 2400, which is my surplus.

Slow and steady wins the race. :tongue:
5000 does seem a lot but there are so many variables to consider like you said.
Original post by undercxver

I appreciate your time out to write this. :h:

I was sort of hoping I'd send myself off to sleep while I was writing it :lol: Only reason I wrote it out tbh, evidently the guy wants to be skinny so I needn't have bothered.
Original post by Sae.HH

Don't bother bro, guy's an *****.

Yea but he is also a bit of a xenophobe so make sure to pirate his books. I've got the RFLD somewhere :lol:
I was sort of hoping I'd send myself off to sleep while I was writing it :lol: Only reason I wrote it out tbh, evidently the guy wants to be skinny so I needn't have bothered.

Sorry you were just brought to stroke sae's ego. Nothing else.
Original post by ByronicHero
Yea but he is also a bit of a xenophobe so make sure to pirate his books. I've got the RFLD somewhere :lol:

I never knew! Lucky I did that to begin with :u: If you need any of them let me know, same goes to @WoodyMKC @XxKingSniprxX and anyone else.

@ServantOfMorgoth No I tagged him to educate you since he's pretty good at presenting nutritional concepts. Clearly should not have.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you were just brought to stroke sae's ego. Nothing else.

I was trying to work out what your avatar reminds me of and I think it might be Atreyu.

Great film. I approve.
Original post by Sae.HH
I never knew! Lucky I did that to begin with :u: If you need any of them let me know, same goes to @WoodyMKC @XxKingSniprxX and anyone else.

@ServantOfMorgoth No I tagged him to educate you since he's pretty good at presenting nutritional concepts. Clearly should not have.

Yea, he's not a particularly nice person. His content is indeed very good though. I'm always happy to have more to read so if you could send me what you have at some point that would be grand. Thanks.
Original post by Sae.HH

You were expecting me to "learn" after you basically said I'm a piece of ****?? If I have a problem with people I tell them, plain and simple you've been talking to me for days and now this? You're a snake!
Original post by ByronicHero
I was trying to work out what your avatar reminds me of and I think it might be Atreyu.

Great film. I approve.

Right.

Latest