The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It seems their admin coordination is dreadful so I wouldn't worry if you haven't had emails for interviews yet (also don't be afraid to email the departments and ask for rough time estimates, all the admin people I've dealt with so far have been very friendly and open!)
Hey. I had sent an Email to admission center of RCA and here is the reply:
The date on the website is correct but due to the high volume of applications received some programmes were unable to send out the results by the published date 12.02.16, hence the delay in some applicants receiving their results. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email please be patient you will be given the result of your application in due course.

So nothing we can do except keep waiting and stay calm. Anyway goodluck everyone
Reply 22
Original post by Tristatus
Hey. I had sent an Email to admission center of RCA and here is the reply:
The date on the website is correct but due to the high volume of applications received some programmes were unable to send out the results by the published date 12.02.16, hence the delay in some applicants receiving their results. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email please be patient you will be given the result of your application in due course.

So nothing we can do except keep waiting and stay calm. Anyway goodluck everyone

Awesome, I was about to send an email myself. Thanks for posting their response!
I'm surprised there isn't a way to check your application status online.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Hello

Has anyone heard back from Moving Image Design or the Information Experience Design program in general?

Thanks!
Reply 24
Hi everyone,
I just got the invitation for the interview MA Painting on the 1st March, pretty nervous!
Best of Luck to you all :smile:
Original post by Ellie_v
Hi everyone,
I just got the invitation for the interview MA Painting on the 1st March, pretty nervous!

Well done! I still haven't heard yet. Did you hear by email or letter? Good luck :smile:
Reply 26
Hi everyone,I also got the invitation for the interview MA Visual Communication (Illustration pathway)on the 3 March!
I'm wondering whether to go in person or interview through skype..
They asked to bring artworks;therefore,I'd better fly to London or I'm afraid that showing works through the screen is a little bit weird and unreal...
How about you guys who don't actually live in the UK?(I'm from Taiwan,one of the Eastern country)
Reply 27
Original post by Nichsu
Hi everyone,I also got the invitation for the interview MA Visual Communication (Illustration pathway)on the 3 March!
They asked to bring artworks;therefore,I'd better fly to London or I'm afraid that showing works through the screen is a little bit weird and unreal...
How about you guys who don't actually live in the UK?(I'm from Taiwan,one of the Eastern country)

Maybe take a photo of them and share it with them during Skype? Is that normal?
Reply 28
Original post by Nichsu

You could also make an online portfolio and walk them through browsing it while you're also browsing it? I don't know if that's feasible for them, but it is an option. Regardless, interviewing in person is probably the best option if you're able to.
Reply 29
Original post by waterb
You could also make an online portfolio and walk them through browsing it while you're also browsing it? I don't know if that's feasible for them, but it is an option. Regardless, interviewing in person is probably the best option if you're able to.

Thanks for you guys' advice.
I think I will buy a cheaper flight ticket to london because the face to face interaction would be much better,leveling up the rate of successful interview~~
Reply 30
Original post by Nichsu

In my experience, Skype is better if you're really nervous. Also flying from Taiwan must be hugely expensive just for an interview. They do Skype interviews all the time with overseas candidates so it certainly won't bias them against you.
Is anybody else still waiting to hear from them?
Original post by Scarlet_cynth
Is anybody else still waiting to hear from them?

Me. I have applied for fashion womenswear program. Still waiting.
Original post by Ellie_v
Hi everyone,

Hi did you hear during office hours? Also was it an email or letter? I don't know what to look out for! Best of luck at the interview!
Original post by Tristatus
Me. I have applied for fashion womenswear program. Still waiting.

It's driving me crazy waiting to hear!
Reply 35
Original post by Scarlet_cynth
Hi did you hear during office hours? Also was it an email or letter? I don't know what to look out for! Best of luck at the interview!

:colondollar:
Sorry I didn't reply you, I was working. I received the email at 1pm on 16th.
I think they need more time, because of the too many application.
good luck!
cross fingers for you.
Anyone had finished MA PRINT interview?
looking for some one sharing their experience!
Reply 37
I still have heard nothing in visual communication: graphic design D:
Reply 38
still waiting for information experience design too
Reply 39
Original post by lolalotte
I applied for curating contemporary art. Got my offer 10 days ago! The intervew was nerve wrecking.

Congratulations!

I am applying for the same program and will have the interview via skype in three days!!! Will you please share your experience, like what questions they ask?

That would be so helpful.. I'm freaking out right now T.T

Quick Reply

Latest