The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Sussex is also my top choice. RGU never heard of that university?
Surrey and Sussex are both amazing.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 141
Offered BBB with a B in Sociology for Criminology, if I firm them they'll guarantee me a place if I get BBC, still with a B in Sociology
I'm looking at doing a postgrad taught course in Psychology. I haven't got my application in yet. Going down to the taught masters open day on 17th February if anyone else is in a couple of weeks?
Louise
Original post by JMG98
Offered BBB with a B in Sociology for Criminology, if I firm them they'll guarantee me a place if I get BBC, still with a B in Sociology

I kinnnda got the same offer. I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering and the offer was BBB but I was told that if I firm it, the offer will become BCC. :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from sussex in regards to physics?
Applied to Sussex one month ago and still not heard :frown::frown:
Original post by StudentMature
Applied to Sussex one month ago and still not heard :frown::frown:

I applied beginning of October and only got my interview invitation last week :smile: Don't worry they are quite possibly the longest wait!

What did you apply to?
Original post by cbaker22
I applied beginning of October and only got my interview invitation last week :smile: Don't worry they are quite possibly the longest wait!

What did you apply to?

I applied for a BA in International Development. Well done for getting an interview. What will you be studying?
Original post by ollieoconnor
Has anyone heard anything from sussex in regards to physics?

Daughter is holding an offer for Theoretical for MSci, 3As, down to ABB with the A in Maths if she Firms.
Currently also considering Nottingham and Lancaster tho as all offers are similar
Original post by StudentMature
I applied for a BA in International Development. Well done for getting an interview. What will you be studying?

It's mandatory to interview all applicants because it's an accredited course. :smile:

But I'm quietly confident.. It's a Journalism course. Have you chased them for a response at all?
Reply 150
Just firmed Sussex this morning after offer received in November of ABB in Economics and Finance but BBB as i firmed it. Really excited!
I sent my application off in November and only just recieved my offer, just waiting for one more reply then going to firm Sussex! anyone else studying Psychology?
also I'm stressing about accommodation, I know east slope is supposed to be the worst but best social place, I want to live somewhere thats really sociable but maybe not as scabby as east slope, any recommendations?
Received this in a reply to an email to Sussex regarding foundation psychology "...as this is a newly launched/approved Foundation Programme at Sussex, there are various things need to be developed before we can formally return a final decision on everyone’s application."
Slightly concerning that they're still developing it while the offer and student finance deadlines are looming. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zionxi
Received this in a reply to an email to Sussex regarding foundation psychology "...as this is a newly launched/approved Foundation Programme at Sussex, there are various things need to be developed before we can formally return a final decision on everyone’s application."
Slightly concerning that they're still developing it while the offer and student finance deadlines are looming. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks that you have to wait but I wouldn't worry about the finance deadline, are you in England? Student Finance England Deadline is 27th May and I'm pretty sure they are obliged to reply beforehand
They have to reply two weeks before the finance deadline.
I'm having to wait on the result from Sussex as to if I have to do a access course which is different funding.
So the longer they leave it, the less time I potentially have to sort out every other aspect... Exasperating.
Original post by Zionxi
They have to reply two weeks before the finance deadline.
I'm having to wait on the result from Sussex as to if I have to do a access course which is different funding.
So the longer they leave it, the less time I potentially have to sort out every other aspect... Exasperating.

Oh right I see! That is a pain..
What's the criteria for the foundation course and what do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Sussex is what I'm counting on really as well, I applied 12th October and I'm only having my interview 27th February, I'm quietly confident which is worrying! Will be all the more depressing if they reject me and I have to go to my second choice Brighton (in HASTINGS) !
Original post by Zionxi

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's making me so nervous, I just want to sort everything out :frown: I really hope they accept me after this wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swiminthepoole
It's making me so nervous, I just want to sort everything out :frown: I really hope they accept me after this wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's such a strange reply, I'm pretty sure all the foundation programmes are new and I had an offer for social sciences months ago?

Try getting at them on twitter, they're really helpful from my experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Foundation psychology is the only new one. The rest were available last year.
Got my offer yesterday - BA International Development :smile: Sussex is voted no.1 in the world for it, but, I don't know there or SOAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending