The Student Room Group

Sick of being 'cute', I want to be sexy dammit!!!

I can never get a guy to see me as a little sister type (despite being older than most of them). I seem to evoke endearment and a protective side in men and they make comments like 'you'll make such a good mother/wife one day' or 'your boyfriend is going to be a very lucky guy' but no man seems to want me in the here and now :frown:

I just want to be so sexy that I blow them the eff away with my hotness and they finally want to be with me!!

Even if I wear a smoky eye make up, wear my long hair down and show some skin I get comments on how 'innocent' I look and even that I look like a 'virgin' despite being 20-something. It's really depressing... I swear I think I have some aura or something that completely robs me of having any kind of sex appeal.

I have baby cheeks, fairly big eyes, pouty lips and a small petite body. Seems all they want are the girls who look like vixens and bombshells and I just can't pull it off. Will I grow out of this one day and will guys start taking me seriously?

Help!

Scroll to see replies

Not all guys want bombshells. I look very young (like you) but my boyfriend thinks I'm the sexiest woman in the world. You'll find a guy who loves you for you, you shouldn't change in the hope that a guy will like you better that way.
Theres a lid for every pot :smile:
1) A lot of it has to do with attitude; subtle/not so subtle innuendo and a cocked eyebrow goes a long way.
2) Stop hanging around younger men/boys. Many of them still have an underdeveloped idea of women and womanhood.
Original post by Anonymous
I can never get a guy to see me as a little sister type (despite being older than most of them). I seem to evoke endearment and a protective side in men and they make comments like 'you'll make such a good mother/wife one day' or 'your boyfriend is going to be a very lucky guy' but no man seems to want me in the here and now :frown:

I just want to be so sexy that I blow them the eff away with my hotness and they finally want to be with me!!

Even if I wear a smoky eye make up, wear my long hair down and show some skin I get comments on how 'innocent' I look and even that I look like a 'virgin' despite being 20-something. It's really depressing... I swear I think I have some aura or something that completely robs me of having any kind of sex appeal.

I have baby cheeks, fairly big eyes, pouty lips and a small petite body. Seems all they want are the girls who look like vixens and bombshells and I just can't pull it off. Will I grow out of this one day and will guys start taking me seriously?

Help!

Youthful looks are sexy to guys.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Help!

From my experience chatting with my guy friends, a lot of them love the innocent cute look and find that very sexy! Also, saying your bf would be a lucky guy sounds like a pretty good compliment :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by C_tinie_D

thats funny you should say that, im still looking for the lids to my plastic containers
Original post by shawtyb
thats funny you should say that, im still looking for the lids to my plastic containers

Container lids subject to availability*
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
1) A lot of it has to do with attitude; subtle/not so subtle innuendo and a cocked eyebrow goes a long way.
2) Stop hanging around younger men/boys. Many of them still have an underdeveloped idea of women and womanhood.

:five:

word.
Reply 9
Container lids subject to availability*

thats better :smile:
I can't tell you anything unless I see how you look like. Some people tend to exaggerate their own faults and physical features and while some have valid concerns. As a male at the beginning of his twenties, I know your plight. If I keep a clean-shaven look, I look like I'm 17. I only really look my age if I keep my facial hair a bit longer.

So, if you really want an honest opinion, send me a message and I'll tell you honestly.
^ lmfao good effort
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad

1) Yeah I suppose I can try that... Practising in the mirror right now :wink:

2) I started uni in my early 20s so I'm always surrounded by guys younger than me to be honest and it's hard to meet men off campus. I would love to meet guys my own age or older, in fact early 30s would be awesome, but the decent ones don't approach me because I look like I should still be in high school.
Original post by georgiaswift
Not all guys want bombshells. I look very young (like you) but my boyfriend thinks I'm the sexiest woman in the world. You'll find a guy who loves you for you, you shouldn't change in the hope that a guy will like you better that way.

You're right I shouldn't change for anyone else but I feel I have absolutely zero sex appeal to most guys so I'm not sure how I'm ever going to find a boyfriend.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Youthful looks are sexy to guys.

Spoiler

Youthful yes but there's a limit guys still want women to look like women, not little girls. I have no sex appeal and no sexuality and so guys don't see me 'in that way'. I had one guy (younger than me, but he didn't know it) tell me he would feel that he looked like a 'paedo' if he dated me.
Original post by Withengar
I can't tell you anything unless I see how you look like. Some people tend to exaggerate their own faults and physical features and while some have valid concerns. As a male at the beginning of his twenties, I know your plight. If I keep a clean-shaven look, I look like I'm 17. I only really look my age if I keep my facial hair a bit longer.

So, if you really want an honest opinion, send me a message and I'll tell you honestly.

I've already had plenty of opinions from those I know I don't need anymore tbh... I've even had someone come up to me in the shop and ask if lost my parents despite being 24 :s-smilie:
Original post by Queen Cersei
From my experience chatting with my guy friends, a lot of them love the innocent cute look and find that very sexy! Also, saying your bf would be a lucky guy sounds like a pretty good compliment :smile:

It is a compliment but it's like saying: you will be good for someone else, but not for me :frown:

Even for faulty goods?
Reply 18
I'd want to make a move - I'd be too scared to do it but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Youthful yes but there's a limit guys still want women to look like women, not little girls. I have no sex appeal and no sexuality and so guys don't see me 'in that way'. I had one guy (younger than me, but he didn't know it) tell me he would feel that he looked like a 'paedo' if he dated me.

That's a pickle, to be fair.

I think it's more to do with the fear of societal judgement more than there being no sexual attraction. I don't think they actually view you as a child (some might I guess, there is always a possibility).

I don't really know how to help I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending