The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flirps
Ah okay thank you - so does that mean if my course (Philosophy) were to be offered at Queens, there's a chance I could be allocated there?

Well then it would most definitely be over there (it isn't, only economics/business/primary ed if I remember correctly) since the campus is over 30 minutes away from Durham city :'')
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
applied for Literature and Philosophy in early October and still haven't heard and this is genuinely slowly killing me
Original post by Isabel_B
applied for Literature and Philosophy in early October and still haven't heard and this is genuinely slowly killing me

Yup, know that feeling! Same but for PPE.
Any history offers out there?!? Been waiting since November!!! 😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer 2 days ago to study English Lit! Totally thrilled. I'm a mature student (will be 22 when I start this October) - I applied to Durham when I was still in sixth form and was turned down, so it feels amazing to finally get in!
Congrats to the other offer holders!
I got an offer for BA Geography and allocated to Hatfield!
Original post by annaosborne
still waiting :frown:

Got an offer for BA Geography and allocated to Hatfield!
Original post by eleanorelodie
Any history offers out there?!? Been waiting since November!!! 😓😓
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been waiting since October feel like I'm going to implode soon 😩
Original post by SMer
I applied for history on the 21st of October. I know Durham are notoriously late but is anyone else in the same position?

I applied literally a day after you and I've heard nothing either can't believe we've been waiting for so long 😩
Original post by OConnor789
I've been waiting since October feel like I'm going to implode soon 😩

Yea, the wait is killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mazzaion
Oh dear... hopefully not, I might be shallow but I know the college I get allocated, if I do get an offer, will be a factor of decision since I'd really like one of the smaller ones :/

Same! That is exactly how i feel, some of the colleges i really don't like the sound of. Its certainly going to be a determining factor considering we will be living in that college and so we will have to like it:frown: just makes me really worried as I would love to go to Durham haha
I received a PPE offer yesterday but with no college allocation yet (possibly because I applied to the castle and am probably getting re-allocated). This is my first offer so it was nice that somewhere wants me!:yep:
So wait... if we get an offer any time from now, do we get a college allocated straight away?

Me too! But I applied for it at the start of November it's agonising - which college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamieOH
Which did you apply to? And what course? :smile:

I can't remember as I wasn't too fussed (other than not that college:colondollar:) but MMath :smile:
Original post by jill800
Me too! But I applied for it at the start of November it's agonising - which college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Chad's, I think
Original post by marthamuir
Hi! I have an unconditional offer for Politics, and have just been allocated to St Cuthbert's Society, having applied to Hatfield. I'm really pleased. Anyone else for Cuth's?

Hey, would you mind me asking what grades you got at AS and what you're predicted?
Reply 1877
Original post by viscratama
Has anyone got an offer from archaeology BA? It seems to me like they are probably one of the departments with some of the lowest amount of applicants, so im pretty nervous. I know im likely overreacting since i only applied about 5 weeks ago...

Hi applied to the same course as you and haven't yet had a reply either so your not alone at least 😂😂 but the wait is agonising ha
St Chad's, I think

I applied at Hatfield, I liked the sound of them too, good luck with the rest of the waiting game 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Workerb33
Got an offer 2 days ago to study English Lit! Totally thrilled. I'm a mature student (will be 22 when I start this October) - I applied to Durham when I was still in sixth form and was turned down, so it feels amazing to finally get in!
Congrats to the other offer holders!

Ah congrats!!! :') I'm doing English Lit as well and will be 20 when I start :smile: do you know your college yet?

Quick Reply

Latest