The Student Room Group

Guess what? I wear fur! AND I LOVE IT!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farm_Ecology
What about them?

Eskimos have nothing but the body/furs of animals to eat, and keep themselves warm. I fail to see how this is "selfish indulgence" and/or "luxury".
Original post by lustawny
Eskimos have nothing but the body/furs of animals to eat, and keep themselves warm. I fail to see how this is "selfish indulgence" and/or "luxury".

Sure, but pointing to extreme examples of living doesnt negate that fur and meat are nothing but selfish luxuries for most of the world.

You wouldnt point to examples of self defence as justification to going around smacking everyone in the face.
Sure, but pointing to extreme examples of living doesnt negate that fur and meat are nothing but selfish luxuries for most of the world.

You wouldnt point to examples of self defence as justification to going around smacking everyone in the face.

I'm just pointing out how ludicrous it is for anti-fur campaigners to spout all this BS about the killing of animals for fur being "evil" and "inhumane", when it clearly helps other humans in less privileged parts of the world.
If you don't want to wear fur, then fine, but don't force that ideology on the rest of us when you can't even defend it properly.
I'm just pointing out how ludicrous it is for anti-fur campaigners to spout all this BS about the killing of animals for fur being "evil" and "inhumane", when it clearly helps other humans in less privileged parts of the world.

You might have a point if they were campaigning against the use of fur by isolated or extreme communities, but they arent.
You might have a point if they were campaigning against the use of fur by isolated or extreme communities, but they arent.

No, I'm talking about the killing of animals for fur as an umbrella term. If you look at the killing of animals on the whole, from every single case of it occurring around the world, then it's quite obvious that it's not an evil act at all (when you look at the facts), and the anti-fur campaigners are only saying this to simply push their own blinkered agenda. It's pathetic, really, but also very closed-minded and oppressive at the same time.

For your argument that killing animals for fur in the first world to stand up, you'd have to assume that none of us are educated enough to know about animal conservation and welfare.
Original post by vaginalwarts69
So...with the cold weather we have been having I decided to wear my fox scarf today. I felt warm and toasty and was worth the money I paid for it.
But as I was out and about more and more people were giving me dirty looks. Some crazy person shouted I was a heartless bitch.
Honestly I am totally against anti-fur protesters. Every time I see one, I just want to buy another fur article. They just piss me off so much. Do they not know that no matter how many "shocking" images they show, they can't change someone's opinion.
Unfortunately I can only buy fur when I go to Finland, Russia and Poland however I am happy to know that some countries still practice fur farming.

Spoiler

Come on, not foxes. They've had enough hunting as it is.
*bear™ hurls his foie gras at OP*
Original post by Mactotaur

Well, I'm sure rural, countryside dwellers have had enough of being terrorised by them; this is why it's done.
Original post by Mactotaur

No they haven't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just made a new social group, if you're interested:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=3499
Reply 92
So...with the cold weather we have been having I decided to wear my fox scarf today. I felt warm and toasty and was worth the money I paid for it.
But as I was out and about more and more people were giving me dirty looks. Some crazy person shouted I was a heartless bitch.
Honestly I am totally against anti-fur protesters. Every time I see one, I just want to buy another fur article. They just piss me off so much. Do they not know that no matter how many "shocking" images they show, they can't change someone's opinion.
Unfortunately I can only buy fur when I go to Finland, Russia and Poland however I am happy to know that some countries still practice fur farming.

Spoiler

You keep saying that you don't care... but the fact that those people calling you heartless bitch made you open this thread just to say that you don't care, means that subconsciously you do indeed care. Otherwise, you would have completly ignored it and this thread wouldn't even exist. That is the true meaning of I don't care.
Original post by Amonute
You keep saying that you don't care... but the fact that those people calling you heartless bitch made you open this thread just to say that you don't care, means that subconsciously you do indeed care. Otherwise, you would have completly ignored it and this thread wouldn't even exist. That is the true meaning of I don't care.

sorry a level psychology...
Original post by the bear
*bear™ hurls his foie gras at OP*

unfortunately I can only get good quality foie gras when I'm in Paris :frown:
#firstworldproblems
#firstworldproblems

hehehe dos du filet warts !

:five:
#firstworldproblems

Try London they get some decent imports

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just made a new social group, if you're interested:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=3499

Mate, you need to stop changing your story you mentioned in an earlier post that you were against the fur trade then make a group called animal fur supporters. Troll.
Original post by bethwalker85
Mate, you need to stop changing your story you mentioned in an earlier post that you were against the fur trade then make a group called animal fur supporters. Troll.

And you need to read all of my posts in full before commenting on me. You'll look less stupid that way. I am against the fur trade, and I've stated that I believe animal fur should be made readily available to people (on the grounds of freedom of choice), as long as it has been ethically sourced (in other words, fur that hasn't been sourced from an animal that is endangered, and that has been killed responsibly).
And you need to read all of my posts in full before commenting on me. You'll look less stupid that way. I am against the fur trade, and I've stated that I believe animal fur should be made readily available to people (on the grounds of freedom of choice), as long as it has been ethically sourced (in other words, fur that hasn't been sourced from an animal that is endangered, and that has been killed responsibly).

Why make a fur supporting group though? That doesn't go with your views? Surely it'd be ethical fur supporting, but it's not.

Quick Reply

Latest