The Student Room Group

Spoken language help

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to write a a script voice-over for a television charity appeal?
Thanks 😁
Original post by Sa-na
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to write a a script voice-over for a television charity appeal?
Thanks 😁

You'll need to include lots of emotive language, and they generally refer to what's going on in the video (i.e. to a specific person - "this is x and they...") :smile: watch some of them online for some inspiration
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
You'll need to include lots of emotive language, and they generally refer to what's going on in the video (i.e. to a specific person - "this is x and they...":wink: :smile: watch some of them online for some inspiration

Thanks. Does the script have to have introduction body b conclusion as well. N can I just watch the adv and make it in a script 😁. And how many words so I have to write?
Original post by Sa-na
Thanks. Does the script have to have introduction body b conclusion as well. N can I just watch the adv and make it in a script 😁. And how many words so I have to write?

If you watch one and then copy it that's plagiarism and you'll be disqualified :tongue:

The script should follow the natural discourse of an advert, so you might want to start by talking about a horrific event or the conditions someone lives in, then in the main body talk about what the charity is doing to help, then in the conclusion talk about what people can do to support the charity :smile: There's no set amount of words, it depends on how long your teacher said the advert should be. If they didn't specify, watch some online and see approximately how long they are and how much they say on average
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you watch one and then copy it that's plagiarism and you'll be disqualified :tongue:

The script should follow the natural discourse of an advert, so you might want to start by talking about a horrific event or the conditions someone lives in, then in the main body talk about what the charity is doing to help, then in the conclusion talk about what people can do to support the charity :smile: There's no set amount of words, it depends on how long your teacher said the advert should be. If they didn't specify, watch some online and see approximately how long they are and how much they say on average

Thanks 😊😊
Reply 5
Hi,
Can anyone give me a sample of voice-over script for charity appeal?? 😁 I'm stuck in the beginning itself.
Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending