The Student Room Group

Fallen in love with someone on TSR - Online Relationship Advice

I’ve fallen in love with someone on TSR. We have been talking a lot and are in an online relationship.

What experience do people have of online relationships and specifically one over TSR?

I’m scared and not sure what to do as I’m quite inexperienced but I also really like the person.

Scroll to see replies

I would make sure you meet the person a few times. Nothig is worse than falling in love with the idea of a person based on calls and their online personna and realising how they are irl is a shell of what you have gotten to know.
Reply 2
I used to have a online relationship when I was 16 but it was never serious just a bit of fun.
Why not meet her in real life?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve fallen in love with someone on TSR. We have been talking a lot and are in an online relationship.

What experience do people have of online relationships and specifically one over TSR?

I’m scared and not sure what to do as I’m quite inexperienced but I also really like the person.

Unless you are planning to meet in person would say online relationships are pointless and time consuming if it was just for fun and nothing serious its ok.
There's this guy on TSR who I really like but I get really shy and I can hardly talk to him :blush:

So how do these online relationships actually start?
Reply 5
There's this guy on TSR who I really like but I get really shy and I can hardly talk to him :blush:

it's ok bb you can talk to me :wink:

Spoiler

Step 1 talk to them on many threads
Step 2 slide into their PMs
Step 3 get their digits and whatsapp them
Step 4 meet up with them
Step 5 start a relationship :rofl:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Step 4 meet up with them

I've already reached step 3
Reply 8
Is it Andy98
Reply 9
Step 4 meet up with them

I guess we are only at stage 3. We have face timed though and I know what she looks like.
I guess we are only at stage 3. We have face timed though and I know what she looks like.

:smile: good luck!!!
Reply 11
Step 4 meet up with them

Heyyyyyy TCTT

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
Heyyyyyy TCTT

Spoiler

:rofl: im dead 😂😂😂

Ffs Another one!!:colonhash:
I'd be cautious, it's more likely it's just a fantasy and a desperation to connect with someone..the feeling isn't real. I can't see how it logically makes sense to love someone you never met.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I would make sure you meet the person a few times. Nothig is worse than falling in love with the idea of a person based on calls and their online personna and realising how they are irl is a shell of what you have gotten to know.

Thank you. Yeah well we have face timed and I know what she looks like and we talk a lot so I feel like I have a fair idea. Has this ever happened to you?
Original post by ZuluK
Heyyyyyy TCTT

Spoiler

Isn't it TNTT

Or does it stand for Too Crazy to Tame?
Reply 16
Sorry but how sad do u have to be to fall in love online? Have you even heard their voice? The emotion just sounds so shallow
Original post by Ethereal World
Isn't it TNTT

Or does it stand for Too Crazy to Tame?

TNTT=teenage ninja turtles...totes
i know who this is LOL
Original post by whorace
Sorry but how sad do u have to be to fall in love online? Have you even heard their voice? The emotion just sounds so shallow

Yes we have face timed and spoken on the fone loads. I dnt no either it's just kind of happened. That's why I'm asking because it feels strange to feel like this online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending