The Student Room Group

Got a conditional offer.... then?

I (gladly!!) received a conditional offer from one of 3 of the unis I've applied to, it's the only uni that has replied so far. The conditions were some English thing, and meeting the grade requirements, which I did (My UCAS application was sent before my A2 results were out).

So... what do I do now? Am I supposed to wait for the other 2 unis? How will the uni know that I've met the grade requirements?
So that now you have your final results you can wait for the other Uni's or if you're favorite gave you the offer you can firm it.
Reply 2
Original post by ahsenrauf
So that now you have your final results you can wait for the other Uni's or if you're favorite gave you the offer you can firm it.

but how would the uni find out my grade? Do I email them or something? Or should I have to wait until I got all 3 replies then tell them? idek haha
Original post by andilzx
but how would the uni find out my grade? Do I email them or something? Or should I have to wait until I got all 3 replies then tell them? idek haha

If you have your results, universities will ask to see the proof (usually the certificates) and they will tell you how they want you to do this. They won't ask you until you have firmed them, because frankly it's a waste of their time to look at the certificates of thousands of people who won't go there. You can't firm anywhere until you have heard back from all your applications, so there is nothing for you to do but wait to be contacted.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you have your results, universities will ask to see the proof (usually the certificates) and they will tell you how they want you to do this. They won't ask you until you have firmed them, because frankly it's a waste of their time to look at the certificates of thousands of people who won't go there. You can't firm anywhere until you have heard back from all your applications, so there is nothing for you to do but wait to be contacted.

ah thank goodness.
Thanks!
Original post by andilzx
ah thank goodness.
Thanks!

You're welcome.
Reply 6
Original post by andilzx
I (gladly!!) received a conditional offer from one of 3 of the unis I've applied to, it's the only uni that has replied so far. The conditions were some English thing, and meeting the grade requirements, which I did (My UCAS application was sent before my A2 results were out).

So... what do I do now? Am I supposed to wait for the other 2 unis? How will the uni know that I've met the grade requirements?

Hold on, so you are saying you have already met the conditions because you have received the results after originally applying?

In that case you should contact the uni(s) you have applied to and give them your results. They may make the offer unconditional.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/sending-exam-results
Original post by jneill
Hold on, so you are saying you have already met the conditions because you have received the results after originally applying?

In that case you should contact the uni(s) you have applied to and give them your results. They may make the offer unconditional.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/sending-exam-results

Good point. If OP is international, s/he may have taken exams in January, which aren't communicated to universities as the June ones are. I took my eye off the ball there. I can't see that s/he could have applied this year and got results after the UCAS season opened in any other way.
Good point. If OP is international, s/he may have taken exams in January, which aren't communicated to universities as the June ones are. I took my eye off the ball there. I can't see that s/he could have applied this year and got results after the UCAS season opened in any other way.

We get Jan results from CIE - just most universities either don't notice or don't import them. They're available for universities to access on weblink (university version of track) though :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
We get Jan results from CIE - just most universities either don't notice or don't import them. They're available for universities to access on weblink (university version of track) though :smile:

Maybe OP needs to remind their uni to look :wink:
Original post by PQ

Ah, good to know. What do you make of this question?
Ah, good to know. What do you make of this question?

There's no point in hassling the university to spot the new CIE results - the OP needs to fulfil english language requirements too before their offer will be made unconditional.

Wait for other offers. Pick firm and insurance as per usual in April.

Send through english language results when they're achieved (probably in the summer) and prompt them about CIE results then.
Original post by PQ
There's no point in hassling the university to spot the new CIE results - the OP needs to fulfil english language requirements too before their offer will be made unconditional.

Wait for other offers. Pick firm and insurance as per usual in April.

Send through english language results when they're achieved (probably in the summer) and prompt them about CIE results then.

We're only guessing about the foreign bit, of course.
Reply 13
So in conclusion, I don't have to tell them, right ?
Original post by andilzx
So in conclusion, I don't have to tell them, right ?

Not in any hurry no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending