The Student Room Group

From E's to A's at AS.

xxxxx
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you start today there is enough times to cover all the AS unit ones.

Chem and maths is hardly any content.
Reply 2
I should probably start revising too, but I don't know where to start. I got D's in my mocks for physics and maths and I was told to drop a subject. I hope it's not too late because the teachers said it's too late to come back from these grades. Any would be appreciated.
Reply 3
I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you are capable of getting those A's if you put your mind to it.

That said, be sure to remember that your teachers/others can only go off of what they have- in this case a C and 3 E's. If you want to change their view then start showing them homework. classwork, etc. In the nicest way possible, without reading the contents of your post, anyone would come to the conclusion that you aren't going to do well. Prove them wrong buddy :smile:
Wow those GCSE results are amazing! I'm so jealous:huff::tongue: But don't worry, you have plenty of time to improve and get those As.
Good luck!!
Reply 5
Original post by NeverGrowUp
UPDATE #2

Hi everyone, I'm starting my revision today. I'm about to finish my chemistry notes - I'm typing them up using notes from my CGP guide and the websites I've mentioned on my main post under 'Resources'.

I'm also printing the spec as a guideline for my notes so I know what to write about!

I'm planning to do 3 hours of revision, with 10 minutes in between

I'm hoping o not get distracted by my phone so I'm planning to give it to my parents while I revise.

I'll post again later to tell you how my revision went. :tongue:

Are you on AQA?
I started a levels doing chemistry and biology etc and got E and D in those
then I switched to humanities subjects and got A*AAC (the C was total ******** and involved insane grade moderations)
then I studied law, and hated it, and dropped out.
then I studied politics and enjoyed it - in my second year right now and I averaged 65% in my january exams/courseworks
Reply 7
If you're struggling on anything just get a good tutor
Reply 8
x

Great blog! I will defiantly be following this on :smile:
You're revising only 1 subject per week? If you haven't done Chemistry for 4 weeks, won't you forget a lot of important stuff?
Reply 10
I might do after easter. I might get a maths tutor since we are expected to finish learning all topics the week before exams. -.- I haven't really done well with good tutors in the past and ended up stopping after one session. So hopefully, I'll find a good one if I need one. :s-smilie:

I tutor A level maths but we probably live miles apart
Reply 11
tbh im gonna fail all my AS. someone motivate me please omg
Thanks! :biggrin: are you also doing A-levels?

Yes, I am taking Biology,Psychology and Sociology. I plan on doing a PhD in Psychology. Do you plan on furthering your education and going to university?
Reply 13
I should also start up a blog to motivate myself xD Good luck on getting those 4As you deserve!
Nice! I wish I took psychology, it seems so intriguing and different compared to the subjects I'm taking.Yes I am hoping to do medicine. I just have to stay focused from now on. :biggrin:

Impressive! Good luck Dr. :biggrin:
Reply 15
aha you should! It's good as it helps to keep track on what your doing etc. or "self reflection" lol. I see that you're doing the subjects I'm hoping to do at A2, how is it going? Good luck too, thank you =D

Mine would be so basic though e.g today I did one question and gave up xD I'm trying to self teach myself C2 rn hopefully I can learn it. But you are making me seriously consider it.
Really, awesome! Biology is a bore (I have an essay due in next week which I haven't started oops), organic chemistry is doing my head in (mostly the nomenclature stuff as we never properly get taught it) otherwise it's pretty cool although I hated it with a passion at the beginning of the year. Geography is abit hit or miss tbh. Basically, the teaching at my school leaves much to be desired.
I'm just going to focus on my AS resits for now I think - I can worry about the rest later xD
Reply 16
lol!That's so true, my ratio of work to 'breaks' is probably 3hour breaks for every 5 minutes of work :bawling:.
ikr, sixth form seems such a waste of time since I pretty much self teach everything anyway.
Same, I'm revising nomenclature last since it gives me a headache trying to understand it haha.
Aw I love geography, except my current teacher is absolutely rubbish so its so boring now ugh, but next year will have the natural hazards topic is my fav so I think I won't drop it. Which AS exams are you resting? :smile:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who does barely any work. Most people are like I did 20 hours in the weekend and 5hours everyday after school and I'm there like wtf!?
Sixth form IS a waste of time. I don't even turn up quite abit of the time. Exactly, the nomenclature in the textbook is so piss easy - I'm worried I'll be asked to name a bunch of aromatic compounds which Idk how to name aside form the super basic ones. I tried doing a couple quizzes on it but none of them had any answers o_O
What exam board are you doing? I did Edexcel and we did natural hazards during AS (also doing my 70 marker this year on tectonics!) although paper 2 was boring af.
I'm resitting C2 cause I'm 2 marks off an A overall and did so crap last year and CHEM1 because I need some extra UMS in case this year abit pear shaped xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
i have no idea what goes on in chemistry so im absolutely SCREWED (as per) for an exam in module 2 next week omg im panicking so much i dont understand anything
Reply 18

Taylor swift advised you?
I see ...
Original post by skwonc
i have no idea what goes on in chemistry so im absolutely SCREWED (as per) for an exam in module 2 next week omg im panicking so much i dont understand anything

I feel you. A level chemistry is being a pain.
But do lots of past papers, go over things that you find hard and learn your reactions! You might surprise yourself.
For example: I got my highest grade in chemistry out of all of my AS grades which is surprising as I prefer and understand physics better

Quick Reply

Latest