The Student Room Group

How much revision have you done each day, if any?

I'm just wondering because during the last couple of days I've done like 2 hours and nothing today.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I've done around 2-3 hours everyday since Sunday, but I've done barely anything today :redface:
Reply 2
5 hours each day excluding monday where I procrastinated and sat on TSR asking how to get A*s:colondollar:

EDIT: Ive done 3 today though hopefully do 6 today in total though

My advise for you to motivate yourself to revise is to use the TSR revision sessions I think the next session is at 5pm its really motivational and the sole reason I've done so much revision
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
8 hours today, started from 4 pm and will hopefully finish at 12. I finished haloalkanes in organic chemistry, will memorize gaseous exchange in biology and do pure maths paper 11 of summer 2015. Try pushing yourself, once you start, you'll manage to finish the lesson. Just make sure you're not distracted.
Reply 4
Original post by TyanaChu
5 hours each day excluding monday where I procrastinated and sat on TSR asking how to get A*s:colondollar:

EDIT: Ive done 3 today though hopefully do 6 today in total though

My advise for you to motivate yourself to revise is to use the TSR revision sessions I think the next session is at 5pm its really motivational and the sole reason I've done so much revision

Not to sound dumb but what are the revision sessions and how can I get on them ?:smile:
Reply 5
2 hours a day. I couldn't imagine doing anymore. I have friends that do much more but are completely stressed out and I'm actually improving my grades quicker. I think it depends on the quality of revision rather than quantity. I'm watching videos and using past papers especially for maths, RE and Triple science. I write out the questions and answers using the mark schemes and then read it to my mum. My friends are just doing endless reading. I'm happy with 2 hours and our teacher said 2 hours was the max we should do. I'm hoping for A's and B's but my teachers have said they reckon I could get some A*'s too and I don't think they would have said that before Christmas
Haven't been doing as much as I could/should.
I've typed up my notes for some history topics but I have so much other stuff to do that revision has to come later!
(Also, this is the last holiday basically until the end of June, where we'll have to do work experience etc., so I'm trying to make the most of it :biggrin:)
Reply 7
Original post by Nikitha13
Not to sound dumb but what are the revision sessions and how can I get on them ?:smile:

search on the student room ' struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! from 7am- 2am' and the thread should come up! hope to see you there
Original post by Nikitha13

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3896671

Very, very useful.
Reply 9
Original post by maria.x
8 hours today, started from 4 pm and will hopefully finish at 12. I finished haloalkanes in organic chemistry, will memorize gaseous exchange in biology and do pure maths paper 11 of summer 2015. Try pushing yourself, once you start, you'll manage to finish the lesson. Just make sure you're not distracted.

8 hours?! I could only dream of doing that...
(edited 8 years ago)
i only do revision a couple of days before tests, so i've done none today. none this week really. and i'm forecasted A*s and As
These holidays - next to nothing lmfao! I've struggled so much with procrastination and lack of motivation when I'm out of school routire :/

However on the norm, I do around 2 hours a night on weekdays (excluding homework) and 3 hours on a weekend (excluding homework) for the last few days of the holiday I'm hoping to do a lot more however.
Original post by TyanaChu
search on the student room ' struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! from 7am- 2am' and the thread should come up! hope to see you there

Reply 14
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I'm just wondering because during the last couple of days I've done like 2 hours and nothing today.

3 to 4 hours a day so I get 3 hours per subject per week. I'm doing eight GCSEs this year.
Reply 15
Original post by Jamie Vardy
8 hours?! I could only dream of doing that...

It's not impossible really.
A tip for everyone who procrastinates:

PROCRASTINATE by doing something else so that you are doing something productive. Do something that interests you. If you don't want to revise, play sports for a bit. Studies prove people are more successful in studying and retaining info once the brain has been stimulated enough!

Good luck!:biggrin:
I generally study in intermittent bursts of 5 minutes. In between each 5-minute burst of textbook-surfing, I reward myself with a few hours (sometimes days) of internet-surfing.
Occasionally I also reward myself with a 5-course meal.

And I wonder why my grades are dropping.

:u:
Reply 18
Unless you really struggle academically GCSEs are very easy, pretty sure I only revised the days before my exams and got an A*, 7 As and a B. Don't be revising in bloody February ffs.
Been doing an hour or two a day.

Easter holidays is when the hardcore sleep, revise, repeat drill comes to life.

Quick Reply

Latest