The Student Room Group

I'm a Vegan, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Or they're just vegan and its a word which describes their diet... not everything is some social or political movement.

Stop triggering me.
Original post by Ethereal World
How do you know when someone is vegan?

Spoiler

10/10 for out-dated banter, plz try harder
Original post by heineken
It is a way to define ones self with a contrare label to hide a vaccuous lack of personality.

Have to say I agree although I'm vegan. Weirdly. I have a lot of issues with the vegan community, not least because of their horrendous superiority complex and their unscientific attitudes to GM vs. Organic food where the latter is just pseudo-healthy BS.
Original post by Zaclowton
People seem to be interested and It's a hot topic atm

1. No we're not.
2. No it's not.

Do you always capitalise vegan incorrectly?
(edited 8 years ago)
What steps should someone take to becoming vegan from vegetarian?
Thanks!
Reply 26
Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health and has been linked to a range of our most common diseases including heart disease and diabetes.

Not eating meat is easy, not eating ANY animal products is more of a nuisance than a difficulty, just checking labels and eating in restaurants etc.

I take a B12 supplement and that's it, animals are also supplemented with B12 hence why there is B12 in meat. B12 is synthesised by bacteria and because all our food is now sanitised and we dont drink from streams etc we don't get any natural B12

No
are you quite thin ?
Original post by greatguy175
Maybe you should hide your crappy personality once in a while

Burned by a guy that has enough spare time to create 175 separate accounts? I think i just peaked.
Original post by Blondie987
If you had any animal products before going vegan (e.g. leather) did you throw them away or keep them?

I've got a few really nice pairs of suede shoes/trainers that I'm reluctant to throw away but at the same time I don't really like wearing because I don't want to advertise that industry. Maybe I'll sell them
Original post by the bear
are you quite thin ?

No I weigh close to 100kg at 5'11. I train most days for powerlifting/bodybuilding
10/10 for out-dated banter, plz try harder

I'm vegan and have no desires to make attention seeking threads about it and half of the problem with people's perceptions as soon as you mention the V word is because of people like you. :h:
I've got a few really nice pairs of suede shoes/trainers that I'm reluctant to throw away but at the same time I don't really like wearing because I don't want to advertise that industry. Maybe I'll sell them

Same with me, I don't have a lot of animal products at all but I feel bad wearing the ones I own already, I've just gone vegan :smile:
Original post by SA-1
No

Elaborate? I've got thousands of counter-arguments ready and waiting. Please watch 'forks over knives' then come back
Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health and has been linked to a range of our most common diseases including heart disease and diabetes.

Not eating meat is easy, not eating ANY animal products is more of a nuisance than a difficulty, just checking labels and eating in restaurants etc.

I take a B12 supplement and that's it, animals are also supplemented with B12 hence why there is B12 in meat. B12 is synthesised by bacteria and because all our food is now sanitised and we dont drink from streams etc we don't get any natural B12

It's more of the saturated fat found in fat cuts of meat that is linked to heart dieases and cancer etc. If you don't know much about nutrition, then why are you posting this thread?
Original post by heineken
Stop triggering me.

Sign out, buddy :smile: :borat:.

Have to say I agree although I'm vegan. Weirdly. I have a lot of issues with the vegan community, not least because of their horrendous superiority complex and their unscientific attitudes to GM vs. Organic food where the latter is just pseudo-healthy BS.

:albertein::argh::albertein:
No I weigh close to 100kg at 5'11. I train most days for powerlifting/bodybuilding

Unless sub 10% bf, that is poor
I'm vegan and have no desires to make attention seeking threads about it and half of the problem with people's perceptions as soon as you mention the V word is because of people like you. :h:

Nothing about this thread was made for attention or causes any negativity towards the vegan community. I'm sorry that you're ashamed to be vegan and wish to hide it from others :smile:
Elaborate? I've got thousands of counter-arguments ready and waiting. Please watch 'forks over knives' then come back

I'm ready for arguing, let's go...
Original post by GeologyMaths
Unless sub 10% bf, that is poor

Poor by who's standards? Sub 10% BF isn't actually very healthy for anyone, neither is the level of body fat I'm currently at. Hence why I've been successfully losing fat for the past few months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending