The Student Room Group

I'm a Vegan, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Finally. Another vegan!!!!!

We are so rare on TSR.

Do you have any pets? And if so do you feed them vegan only? My dog is not responding very well...
Original post by SA-1
It's interesting, and quite scandalous to be honest. Why do doctors recommend so many meats if its "very destructive to our health?"

& is breastmilk vegan?

You clearly have not gone in to the research very far. As I said above, start watching Dr Michael Gregers videos with an open mind.

And yes, breast milk is obviously vegan. The same way that cow's milk is meant for baby cows, human milk is meant for baby humans
Reply 82
Original post by Zaclowton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N2Dj2U7Ey8

Please read up on Dr. Michael Greger's work with an open mind

Your proof is a youtube video?

Though, I will give it a watch at some point.

Do you have any other proof?
Reply 83
Don't need to form a habit. A complete change in consciousness and mentality makes it so easy to be vegan

I just think doing an AMA when you're only 8 weeks into the process is a little bit rushed. Why not wait until you've been doing it long enough to really feel the effects and the maintain-ability of the choice. (I'm not being critical on the veganism at all, I have a plant-based diet myself).
You gave me nothing to answer? I answered your question about saturated fats

You are still yet to answer my question. You are claiming meat itself causes CHDs?
Original post by Danny McCoyne
Finally. Another vegan!!!!!

We are so rare on TSR.

Do you have any pets? And if so do you feed them vegan only? My dog is not responding very well...

I don't have any pets unfortunately. I've heard that dogs can definitely be vegan though :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
How long have you been vegan for?

I've just had my first vegan anniversary! I adore my diet and lifestyle.

What's your favourite vegan discovery?

Mine has to be vego bars.... seriously they are amazing. :love:

Who is your favourite vegan youtuber?

Mine is Mango Island Mama. her children are so cute:

[video="youtube;owRaxWKQaQ4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRaxWKQaQ4[/video]
Original post by GeologyMaths
You are still yet to answer my question. You are claiming meat itself causes CHDs?

The saturated fat in meat causes CHD. I've answered that one. You cannot separate the Saturated fat from the meat and hence meat causes CHD.
I'm really not the target audience for her videos (20, Male, Rugby and gym enthusiast) and I still find myself smiling at these videos hahaha. Evan Is the man
Original post by ByronicHero
Who is your favourite vegan youtuber?

Mine is Mango Island Mama. her children are so cute:

[video="youtube;owRaxWKQaQ4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRaxWKQaQ4[/video]
Original post by GeologyMaths

There is scientific proof that eating red meat increases your risk of many types of cancer.

Flesh eaters are so delusional

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/red-meat.aspx

http://www.wcrf-uk.org/uk/preventing-cancer/ways-reduce-cancer-risk/red-and-processed-meat-and-cancer-prevention
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90
You clearly have not gone in to the research very far. As I said above, start watching Dr Michael Gregers videos with an open mind.

And yes, breast milk is obviously vegan. The same way that cow's milk is meant for baby cows, human milk is meant for baby humans

Not gone in to research?

I'm doing a masters, while working in healthcare :lol:

Genuinely not trying to get in to an argument with you, or belittle you. I completely respect your decision to go vegan, and good on you for staying disciplined for however many months its been.

But there is absolutely no need to make up facts to justify a decision..

@GeologyMaths has it spot on - a youtube video isn't evidence
What's your favourite type of vegan cheese?:smile:
Original post by SA-1
Your proof is a youtube video?

Though, I will give it a watch at some point.

Do you have any other proof?

A YouTube video that outlines many scientific studies that it would take me hours to find and link to you? Yes.
I'm really not the target audience for her videos (20, Male, Rugby and gym enthusiast) and I still find myself smiling at these videos hahaha. Evan Is the man

I'm 24, played rugby for 5 years, ex-gym enthusiast and an enormous carnivore. I just hate not knowing about things so I regularly end up in random corners of the internet and I just fell in love with her and her family.
Right I'm not going to be one of "those" and attack you because personally, I think it's quite interesting :smile:

I am a vegetarian and I am thinking of becoming a vegan for the health benefits but I of course still currently have leather shoes. Do you wear leather shoes still? If you had got them before you turned vegan?

What do you eat regularly? I haven't been that limited as a vegetarian as I still can eat eggs etc as I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian but eating eggs, milk seems difficult due to the fact animal products are added to everything and my school don't really cater for vegans either.

So what do you do about food in general?
Original post by SA-1
Not gone in to research?

I'm doing a masters, while working in healthcare :lol:

Genuinely not trying to get in to an argument with you, or belittle you. I completely respect your decision to go vegan, and good on you for staying disciplined for however many months its been.

But there is absolutely no need to make up facts to justify a decision..

@GeologyMaths has it spot on - a youtube video isn't evidence

Well good luck in your masters with your level of critical reasoning and ability for analysis :smile:

Nobody has made up facts. The facts are there, you'd of thought that a masters student would be able to analyse and weigh up an argument from both side instead of blindly defending his/her meat eating stand point.

Again, Good luck on your masters
Reply 96
A YouTube video that outlines many scientific studies that it would take me hours to find and link to you? Yes.

Get the studies - that'll be interesting.

Can you share the other proof?
Original post by Danny McCoyne
There is scientific proof that eating red meat increases your risk of many types of cancer.

Flesh eaters are so delusional

Please feed me with some mechanistic evidence. Whether flesh eaters are delusional, is subjective.
Original post by ByronicHero
I'm 24, played rugby for 5 years, ex-gym enthusiast and an enormous carnivore. I just hate not knowing about things so I regularly end up in random corners of the internet and I just fell in love with her and her family.

Such a genuinely beautiful life they have!
Reply 99
Well good luck in your masters with your level of critical reasoning and ability for analysis :smile:

Nobody has made up facts. The facts are there, you'd of thought that a masters student would be able to analyse and weigh up an argument from both side instead of blindly defending his/her meat eating stand point.

Again, Good luck on your masters

Which is why I asked for studies - I'm not going to waste half an hour analysing a youtube video.

Quick Reply

Latest