The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What's nightlife/music scene like in Bath/Bristol?

I've applied to do architecture at Bath and really like the course and city, just worried that the nightlife could be quite limited.
Does anyone know if there are any edgier places with like grime, garage nights etc or just mainstream music clubs?
And if not do many students go into Bristol for this kind of thing? I'd be happy to do this as obviously its close and has a good music scene

Any advice welcome please!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Juliet18x
I've applied to do architecture at Bath and really like the course and city, just worried that the nightlife could be quite limited.
Does anyone know if there are any edgier places with like grime, garage nights etc or just mainstream music clubs?
And if not do many students go into Bristol for this kind of thing? I'd be happy to do this as obviously its close and has a good music scene

Any advice welcome please!

Hi Juliet,

I'm a second year student at Bath and before I came here I was also a bit worried that the nightlife wouldn't live up to my expectations. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by what the nightlife has to offer!

The nightlife in Bath is pretty varied and although it does not offer a big city clubbing scene, there are plenty of bars, pubs and nightclubs to offer you and your friends a great night out, with student club nights in the city nearly everyday of the week. Although some of these places would probably be considered to be mainstream music clubs, I would say there are plenty of clubs in the city that offer club nights with different types of music including Komedia, Po Na Na, The Nest and Moles. Alternatively, Bristol is only a 15 minute train journey away and from my experience many Bath students choose to go to Bristol for big nights out.

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest