The Student Room Group

any good A-level revision apps

Don't really mind if it is on android or ios becuase I have a Samsung phone and an Apple ipad.
There is one called Gojimo I think they are on both apple appstore and google play but it's full of quizes and they can get quite repetitive after a while .Also,There is one called Technocrat Notes. It's only for android Tablets and Mobile Phones though :frown: but good thing I have a Samsung tablet lol. Hope this helps :wink:
Reply 2
Oh ok I have download both Apps but Technocrat Notes App keeps taking me to my browser for some reason.
Reply 3
Original post by theuglyfish
x

These are some of the revision apps I use :biggrin::

iMindMap - Note taking
Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation - Dictionary
Exam Countdown (iOS, free) - Calander
Penultimate (iOS, free) - Note taking app
Oh ok I have download both Apps but Technocrat Notes App keeps taking me to my browser for some reason.

It says in the description that it is a portal to the Technocrat Notes' site. I think it is meant to do that. it does save google time i guess and it's always nice to be able to conveniently access any resources you need from your tablet and phone. I hate how you have to be always near a wifi source though or use your data to use. I love how it has all the maths past papers for both further and core, it makes it so much easier to check the answers after you have done a mock (I know I am lazy leave me alone lol :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::tongue:)
Reply 5
Original post by Ribenas
x
yeah I have imind mapp already it's really cool. :u: :u: :u: it really does save so much time.

Original post by nickg15b
x)
holy crap there are even videos on this technocrat notes app

Wow thanks guys you guys are literally beyond helpful.
yeah I have imind mapp already it's really cool. :u: :u: :u: it really does save so much time.

holy crap there are even videos on this technocrat notes app

Wow thanks guys you guys are literally beyond helpful.

No problem. :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by nickg15b
No problem. :wink:

Original post by Ribenas
These are some of the revision apps I use :biggrin::

iMindMap - Note taking
Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation - Dictionary
Exam Countdown (iOS, free) - Calander
Penultimate (iOS, free) - Note taking app

just Found out a good app it's called quizlet. it's really good of for making flash cards. :smile:
Reply 8
Don't really mind if it is on android or ios becuase I have a Samsung phone and an Apple ipad.

The best and easiest way to revise - in my opinion - is to get a CGP guide and revise from that. They're inexpensive and concise. Yes, there may be some minute details lacking, but these are usually covered in class.
The best you can do on a tablet or smartphone is a flashcard or questions app (which I know CGP have for GCSE, not sure about A Level).
Of, course I'm not paid by CGP to advocate for them... :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by tillson_b
The best and easiest way to revise - in my opinion - is to get a CGP guide and revise from that. They're inexpensive and concise. Yes, there may be some minute details lacking, but these are usually covered in class.
The best you can do on a tablet or smartphone is a flashcard or questions app (which I know CGP have for GCSE, not sure about A Level).
Of, course I'm not paid by CGP to advocate for them... :biggrin:

thank you so much for your input. I know cgp is like the bible but i was hoping to fnd the cgp for your tablet and phone. what I mean by this is something that is as good as the cgp textbooks but just on ur smartphone and tablet it doesn't have to come from the same company, i just thought by 2016 people would have come up with something so amazing on the Appstore or google play to revise with. I find it way easier revising from my tablet and phone for some reason i guess thats why i watch alot of exam solutions and pajholden. you should get Quizlet and Technocrat Notes by the way they both seem to be the best on the market in my eyes when it comes to resources.
thank you so much for your input. I know cgp is like the bible but i was hoping to fnd the cgp for your tablet and phone. what I mean by this is something that is as good as the cgp textbooks but just on ur smartphone and tablet it doesn't have to come from the same company, i just thought by 2016 people would have come up with something so amazing on the Appstore or google play to revise with. I find it way easier revising from my tablet and phone for some reason i guess thats why i watch alot of exam solutions and pajholden. you should get Quizlet and Technocrat Notes by the way they both seem to be the best on the market in my eyes when it comes to resources.

I do see where you are coming from. for some reason i find it far more comfortable using ur phone to revise rather to worry about having to look after a bunch of print offs, past papers and revision guides which always seem to get lost. :frown:
Reply 11

You could find CGP books in a eBook store (Amazon is the cheapest).
As for apps, in my experience, as I've said, flashcards are the best. Cram, Study Blue or something like that.
Try the Memrise app. Free and really good for memorising virtually anything. It uses an algorithm to calculate when you have to revise information in order for it to be remembered in the long term, and also allows you to create 'mems' to serve as reminders for difficult words.
Original post by domlang123
Try the Memrise app. Free and really good for memorising virtually anything. It uses an algorithm to calculate when you have to revise information in order for it to be remembered in the long term, and also allows you to create 'mems' to serve as reminders for difficult words.

Ohhh yhh i have heard of something like that. but in my experience it was an acronym generator.

Original post by tillson_b
You could find CGP books in a eBook store (Amazon is the cheapest).
As for apps, in my experience, as I've said, flashcards are the best. Cram, Study Blue or something like that.

thanks bro I have a lot of downloading to do now. my phones memory is going to eat away lol :tongue:

You can download for free on app store (iOS) this a level maths app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-level-maths/id968284555?l=el&ls=1&mt=8
I 10/10 recommend Seneca Beta. It's still a bit of a work in progress but I use it for psychology and it's helped me learn so fast. It's not technically an app yet but it works on mobile and on a tablet as well as just in your browser on a computer.
You could get the Letts guides for your subject. They don’t do all subjects but I have the sociology ones and it basically breaks each section of the text book down in small bits and removes all the waffle that you find in text books. It’s clear and concise, sumarises everything and gives example questions that you can complete.

Quick Reply

Latest