The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Starting some Biology at 7

Any advice on how I should actually get into it
Original post by Devinely

Also currently studying psychology. What you stuck on?

Spoiler

i just don't don't understand psychology...
i am doing AS (new spec)
i just don't know how to answer the question
if you have any model answers on unit 2 Social psychology (edexcel)
then i may get something out of it :u:
Reply 202
Original post by Coerce
Starting some Biology at 7

Any advice on how I should actually get into it

play some music, try and make corny jokes about what your learning and relate it to life, dance in a mirror whilst reciting what you've learnt:h:
Very good idea! I might join in tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by TyanaChu
play some music, try and make corny jokes about what your learning and relate it to life, dance in a mirror whilst reciting what you've learnt:h:

I mean practically learning it, by reading it? Pulling some notes I made over xmas? Argh
Reply 205
Original post by Coerce
I mean practically learning it, by reading it? Pulling some notes I made over xmas? Argh

ah I see well I can only tell you what I do which is to read what the textbook says and copy it down and then do some questions I've heard it doesn't work for most people though. But to learn it maybe put some revision music in the background?

I tend to type in study music on youtube and I've noticed with the music on I focus for longer periods of time.
Original post by TyanaChu
ah I see well I can only tell you what I do which is to read what the textbook says and copy it down and then do some questions I've heard it doesn't work for most people though. But to learn it maybe put some revision music in the background?

I tend to type in study music on youtube and I've noticed with the music on I focus for longer periods of time.

Time for me to get in the zone.. ill let you know in an hour (hopefully) how it goes
Reply 207
Original post by Coerce
Time for me to get in the zone.. ill let you know in an hour (hopefully) how it goes

good luck!
Had dinner, gonna relax before the next session at 7:30pm. Gonna do some Physics notes from 7:30pm - 9:30pm then C3
I'll be starting my session now, since I already missed a lot of the study sessions... (oops :colondollar:)

I'll be focusing on getting bio notes finally done, but if I get bored with that, I'll start writing notes up for music.
Original post by fatima1998
i just don't don't understand psychology...
i am doing AS (new spec)
i just don't know how to answer the question
if you have any model answers on unit 2 Social psychology (edexcel)
then i may get something out of it :u:

I'm also on edxcel for psychology AS lol

What specific bit are you stuck on, i.e. Is it obedience? Prejudice? A specific study? Discrimination, etc.
Does anyone know how to get an A* in english literature or language?
Reply 212
Original post by TheYearNiner
I will do it this time I promise

Yes, you better. :fuhrer:
Anyone know the definition for Diffraction (OCR A)?
Got a few different ones..
Original post by Devinely
I'm also on edxcel for psychology AS lol

What specific bit are you stuck on, i.e. Is it obedience? Prejudice? A specific study? Discrimination, etc.

OMG!!!
we can be psychology buddies :hugs:
factors affecting obedience from social psychology
Guess ima start a bit early.
Original post by KINGYusuf
Guess ima start a bit early.

Sameee!!:biggrin:
Reply 217
Original post by crosbycasey56
Does anyone know how to get an A* in english literature or language?

Maybe @Arkasia can help with tips. :h:
Reply 218
:work: 7:30pm. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Working on Core 1 Maths.
Original post by fatima1998
OMG!!!
we can be psychology buddies :hugs:
factors affecting obedience from social psychology

Go psychology! :biggrin:

So by factors do you mean things like setting? So for example Milgrams study was reproduced in several different ways to see if changing any of the variables would effect the end result.

So in one reproduction of the study he made it so the participants wouldn't hear the learner nor could they see them, this resulted in all the participants going up to the full voltage.

While on the other hand when the learner was in the same room as the participant(Teacher) it resulted in only 40% of the participants going to the full voltage shock.

Maybe you can PM me if you want to respond so we don't take up the entire thread with psychology discussion lol

Latest

Trending

Trending