The Student Room Group

Heartbreak & depression

[video]https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/videos/1320720811282260/[/video]

I've known this for a while, call it intuition based on experience, it explains a lot about depression. Thoughts?
Reply 1
Sounds about right. This is why you don't do relationships, it's like consistently stepping on lego and hoping it won't hurt after the fifth time.

Move this to relationships, it'll get more views
Original post by whorace
Sounds about right. This is why you don't do relationships, it's like consistently stepping on lego and hoping it won't hurt after the fifth time.

Move this to relationships, it'll get more views

But that's like saying you don't want to play pacman because you'll probably loose, if ygm?

It's not just sexual partners as well though, it can be anyone you have a strong affection towards, lost in death or simply split from all contact due to some other circumstances.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
But that's like saying you don't want to play pacman because you'll probably loose, if ygm?

It's not just sexual partners as well though, it can be anyone you have a strong affection towards, lost in death or simply split from all contact due to some other circumstances.

Spoiler

I'm done with petty emotions, I'm not doing it because i'm hurt (I definitely am) i'm doing it because from a pragmatic point of view, it's better to have lots of good sex with no serious attachment, commitment is a losing game.

I'm not some manipulative child either, if I want sex i'll ask for it (not directly obviously not trying to kill the mood) by kissing you not play stupid games.

Same goes for friends and family. No attachment, you'll leave someday as well.
Reply 4
I follow the same page hahah.
Yeah sounds 100% correct. It hurts like ****.
Original post by Katarvi
I follow the same page hahah.
Yeah sounds 100% correct. It hurts like ****.

:console:

Spoiler

Reply 6
:console:

Spoiler

Aw that's a shame, they post some good stuff.
In the end humans are social beings and when we lose or go without close companionship for long periods of time it effs us up! Have you ever seen the film Into the Wild?
Original post by Katarvi
Aw that's a shame, they post some good stuff.
In the end humans are social beings and when we lose or go without close companionship for long periods of time it effs us up! Have you ever seen the film Into the Wild?

Yeah... :C

Nope, is it an arty film? I'll watch the trailer, might give it a go.
Reply 8
Yeah... :C

Nope, is it an arty film? I'll watch the trailer, might give it a go.

Nah not arty (I wouldn't say?)
It's based on a true story about a guy who leaves society to live entirely in the wild without human contact, etc. It's pretty amazing, but I'm quite fascinated by that kind of thing.
Original post by Katarvi
Nah not arty (I wouldn't say?)
It's based on a true story about a guy who leaves society to live entirely in the wild without human contact, etc. It's pretty amazing, but I'm quite fascinated by that kind of thing.

Thanks, it was a good movie :redface:

Spoiler

Thanks, it was a good movie :redface:

Spoiler

Ah so glad you enjoyed it! :^_^:
The soundtrack is just amazing. Eddie Vedder is class.

Spoiler

Original post by Katarvi
Ah so glad you enjoyed it! :^_^:
The soundtrack is just amazing. Eddie Vedder is class.

Spoiler

It is a great soundtrack :3

But he did share it, I suppose that's something.

Spoiler

It is a great soundtrack :3

But he did share it, I suppose that's something.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending