Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
PPE at St. Aidans here - anyone else? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hello! I'd appreciate if anyone could look at my Grow Your Grades forum. A competition is being held by TSR so it would be great for everyone to get involved! Both links are here.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3898153
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147
Reply 582
Original post by kit2016
I finally got my History offer but I'm devastated. Although Durham would be my dream uni I could never in a million years afford it :frown:

That is an absolute shame, any student talented enough to obtain an offer should attend an academic institution regardless of any form of fees. I do hope you can contact them and sort something out!

But I am sure wherever you go, you will be successful, getting a History offer from Durham is not an easy task, so be proud of your achievement regardless! Best of luck for everything!
Original post by Elle_b
I got Castle for history 😁

Hi fellow castle offer holder:smile:
Original post by AunAb
That is an absolute shame, any student talented enough to obtain an offer should attend an academic institution regardless of any form of fees. I do hope you can contact them and sort something out!

But I am sure wherever you go, you will be successful, getting a History offer from Durham is not an easy task, so be proud of your achievement regardless! Best of luck for everything!

You would think so! With it being a generally elitist school however I'm not surprised. It's such a shame that the prospects are so good for after graduation. I can't exactly brag to a potential employer about the fact that I got an offer can I :giggle:
Reply 585
Original post by Thetankman
Hi fellow castle offer holder:smile:

Hey! Ooo what subject? 😀
Original post by Els-12
No it wasn't, have you visited it? If you have what's it like?

I haven't seen the inside but it looked nice! And it's meant to be quite fun I think!
Reply 587
I got an offer for PPE today :smile: I applied really early and it was my first offer after two rejections!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_b
Hey! Ooo what subject? 😀

PPE:smile:
Reply 589
PPE:smile:

Ah nice😄 Is Durham your first choice ?
Anyone else for St Cuths? Just been allocated there :smile:
Original post by Elle_b
Ah nice😄 Is Durham your first choice ?

I really don't know, especially after being allocated to my preferred college:smile:. What about
you?
Received my law offer today!!! I can't wait to know which college!
Reply 593
Original post by kit2016
Nope, do you know what support they're able to give? My biggest concern is that if I could afford to live there I would never have enough money to visit home :frown:

I know that they give you £2000 towards accommodation fees if your parents earn below £25k a year, so that might be something to look into!
Hi, got my place at Hatfield yesterday, are most people thinking of staying on a residential basis for the post-offer visit day or not?
Original post by Madhog
I know that they give you £2000 towards accommodation fees if your parents earn below £25k a year, so that might be something to look into!

Durham seems to have relatively few scholarships and less financial support compared to the other universities I have applied to, and considering that it has one of the highest living costs, people from low-income households are understandably hesitant.
Reply 596
I really don't know, especially after being allocated to my preferred college:smile:. What about
you?

Yeah I think it probably will be my firm 😊
Original post by Elle_b
Yeah I think it probably will be my firm 😊

It's really good for history isn't it:wink: Where else have you applied to?
Reply 598
It's really good for history isn't it:wink: Where else have you applied to?

Yeahh, well I think so anyway! And have offers for Exeter and Birmingham, just waiting on st Andrews 😐 You?
Original post by Elle_b
Yeahh, well I think so anyway! And have offers for Exeter and Birmingham, just waiting on st Andrews 😐 You?

The rank says so anyways:smile:
Nice! I have got offers from UCL, Durham, LSE and Warwick, but rejected by Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest