The Student Room Group

A level mocks

I have serious work to do, do you think between now and the monday in two weeks I can get a minimum of a B in Maths, Economics, History and Politics?
Original post by The_Phlox
I have serious work to do, do you think between now and the monday in two weeks I can get a minimum of a B in Maths, Economics, History and Politics?

Presumably you already are aware, though i thought i should mention incase not, Econplusdal on youtube is brilliant for economics, I started watching this time last year and he was pivotal in my A in AS Econ.
Reply 2

You got two weeks. It is perfectly possible IF you stop spending time on forums and get to work???
Reply 3
Original post by Haiiyaa
You got two weeks. It is perfectly possible IF you stop spending time on forums and get to work???
Only one week but I have done some work still got the rest of the week to get it finished, thanks for replying.
Reply 4
Original post by Joseph_Lofts
Presumably you already are aware, though i thought i should mention incase not, Econplusdal on youtube is brilliant for economics, I started watching this time last year and he was pivotal in my A in AS Econ.

I have been using him for micro and he is really good especially for income, cross and price elasticity of demand, is there any tips you can give me for section B of micro and macro/
I have been using him for micro and he is really good especially for income, cross and price elasticity of demand, is there any tips you can give me for section B of micro and macro/

Are you AQA?
Reply 6
Original post by Joseph_Lofts
Are you AQA?
Edexcel still got 6 chapters to do before next week wednesday's mock wish me luck.
Edexcel still got 6 chapters to do before next week wednesday's mock wish me luck.

I'm AQA unfortunately so will not be much help.

I also did History and Politics, for all three I focused the majority of my revision on essay plans. I found every relevant past question and created a full plan on one side of A4 making it easy to come back to later. Doing this allowed me to sure up any content I wasn't aware of and get used to creating a coherent structure (3 paragraphs, each with the point, evaluation, counter argument and like to question). That's the best advice I can offer.

Best of Luck!

This particularly relevant for history and politics due to the marked similarity of questions year on year, and presumably your mock will be taken from the bank of past paper questions. I'd certainly advise reading the examiner reports comprehensively also.

Quick Reply

Latest