The Student Room Group

AMA - Vegan, bisexual, feminist, 16 y/o girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
I knew someone would come up with that BS. You guys can't even answer simple questions.

So it's 'bs' because it doesn't suit you?

These "movements" do exist side-by-side, so what are you talking about?
Original post by zorrozoidberg
vegan doe?

Vegans don't eat eggs from animals because they can't consent. But as a human being, I am able to consent, so there are no ethical issues as well as no environmental issues. And since the eggs are human eggs, they will be healthier than the eggs designed for chickens.
Original post by karl pilkington
Are you a virgin?
Do you shave your fanny?
Why are you a vegan?
What does you mum think about you being bi

Yes :h:
Not really, just trim or wax.
I went veggie first and it just seemed like a natural change after I educated myself about it.
She doesn't really mind. She's pretty accepting. But she still sometimes makes hetero-normative assumptions about me.
Original post by Anonymous
Vegans don't eat eggs from animals because they can't consent. But as a human being, I am able to consent, so there are no ethical issues as well as no environmental issues. And since the eggs are human eggs, they will be healthier than the eggs designed for chickens.

I agree with the first bit, but the last bit isn't necessarily true. Just because it comes from a human doesn't make it more healthy than coming from another animal.
Reply 64
Original post by ivybridge
So it's 'bs' because it doesn't suit you?

These "movements" do exist side-by-side, so what are you talking about?

It's BS because people do an AMA and can't answer simple questions.
Original post by al_94
It's BS because people do an AMA and can't answer simple questions.

She did answer your ridiculous question. You just didn't like the answer.
I have a question-
What do you think of me? Someone who is NOT a feminist and also someone who is NOT a vegetarian. Am I inferior to you? Would you say I am immoral and that I am a not a decent person?
Reply 67
Original post by ivybridge
She did answer your ridiculous question. You just didn't like the answer.

It's an AMA if it's ridiculous to you I don't care I can ask anything that's the point people should not participate if they ain't ready.
No, contact lenses.
No, shoulder-length.
No, I trim them.
Yes, I'm Labour.
No.

1) fair enough then
2) that's *kinda* short, hmm
3) so that's a "yes" in terms of me asking (basically) "do you have pubes"
4) wheeeeeyyyyyyyy

bonus question: why don't feminists talk about the refugee rape crisis and forget about the non-existent western "rape culture"? if you guys aren't going to talk about it, you have no right to talk about non-refugee rapes. these are real rapes, not those western "oh my god he touched me without my consent" cases.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
1) fair enough then
2) that's *kinda* short, hmm
3) so that's a "yes" in terms of me asking (basically) "do you have pubes"
4) wheeeeeyyyyyyyy

bonus question: why don't feminists talk about the refugee rape crisis and forget about the non-existent western "rape culture"? if you guys aren't going to talk about it, you have no right to talk about non-refugee rapes. these are real rapes, not those western "oh my god he touched me without my consent" cases.

Wow, you're not a feminist?

Then you're not even worth speaking to.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Wow, you're not a feminist?

Then you're not even worth speaking to.

Spoiler

but you're speaking to me right now :bigsmile:
I'm not ashamed. I'm just a shy person and I find it hard to talk about personal topics without this sort of barrier! :h:

Damn it OP, I really want to know who you are because this thread caught my eye for the sole reason that I am exactly all those things too and it's quite rare for me too meet another one. I was surprised when I read the title :biggrin: I'm also a little annoyed at the number of people here who are so strongly against veganism and feminism, but I suppose that's what you get for making a thread like this!
Original post by sleepysnooze
but you're speaking to me right now :bigsmile:

:u:

Spoiler

Yes :h:
Not really, just trim or wax.
I went veggie first and it just seemed like a natural change after I educated myself about it.
She doesn't really mind. She's pretty accepting. But she still sometimes makes hetero-normative assumptions about me.

do you prefer men or women also do you want to meet a guy or woman to settle down with when you are older?
Time to join the anonymity haha
I'm bisexual and 16 and haven't told my mum yet. I know this is really personal, but how did you do it? Was it hard? What stereotypes did/do you have to face? Are you out to other people?
whats the ∆Hlatt of KCl
Time to join the anonymity haha
I'm bisexual and 16 and haven't told my mum yet. I know this is really personal, but how did you do it? Was it hard? What stereotypes did/do you have to face? Are you out to other people?

I came out to my mother at that age too. There were lots of tears on my side and lots of shock from hers. It didn't go as badly as I feared - she didn't yell or threaten me - but she did shoot it down and dismiss it straight away as a teenage phase, that it would pass, that I WILL marry someone of the opposite sex, etc.
Now I just don't mention it around her. If she engages in extremely heteronormative conversation, I just laugh.
Original post by thermometer
I came out to my mother at that age too. There were lots of tears on my side and lots of shock from hers. It didn't go as badly as I feared - she didn't yell or threaten me - but she did shoot it down and dismiss it straight away as a teenage phase, that it would pass, that I WILL marry someone of the opposite sex, etc.
Now I just don't mention it around her. If she engages in extremely heteronormative conversation, I just laugh.

The 'it's just a phase' thing is what I worry about the most too. My mum's really tolerant stuff so I don't think she'll mind, but I think she just assumes I'm straight and I don't believe she knows anyone else who's bi...
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go well for you...
I think I'll tell her after my exams are finished :smile:
Original post by mercuryman
whats the ∆Hlatt of KCl

I wish I knew...
The 'it's just a phase' thing is what I worry about the most too. My mum's really tolerant stuff so I don't think she'll mind, but I think she just assumes I'm straight and I don't believe she knows anyone else who's bi...
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go well for you...
I think I'll tell her after my exams are finished :smile:

Why after your exams are finished? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest