Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Thetankman
The rank says so anyways:smile:
Nice! I have got offers from UCL, Durham, LSE and Warwick, but rejected by Oxford

Well I get why you can't decide they're all so good! And I got rejected from Oxford too aha
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by ombtom
Durham seems to have relatively few scholarships and less financial support compared to the other universities I have applied to, and considering that it has one of the highest living costs, people from low-income households are understandably hesitant.

You get my pain! My financial situation is a bit messy at the moment, so I either come under the £25000 bracket, or my household income is around £50k (for complicated reasons)... Either way, I can't really afford Durham.

I should open a charity on my behalf :laugh:
Original post by kit2016
You get my pain! My financial situation is a bit messy at the moment, so I either come under the £25000 bracket, or my household income is around £50k (for complicated reasons)... Either way, I can't really afford Durham.

I should open a charity on my behalf :laugh:

£50k and you wouldn't be able to afford Durham?! How on Earth am I going to cope (even £25,000 is a lot). :biggrin:
Reply 603
Original post by alexjacobs
Hi, got my place at Hatfield yesterday, are most people thinking of staying on a residential basis for the post-offer visit day or not?

I've been allocated a place at Hatfield too and am doing the residential post offer visit. What course have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 604
Original post by ombtom
Durham seems to have relatively few scholarships and less financial support compared to the other universities I have applied to, and considering that it has one of the highest living costs, people from low-income households are understandably hesitant.

I don't disagree, but I think that it is those who come from middle-income households that truly get the short end of stick. Coming from a very low-income background myself, I know I get a larger sum in grants/loans that someone from a middle-income background, as well as the £2k knocked off accommodation; I can just about afford Durham with all that. In comparison, someone from a middle-income background won't get as much financial support but, unlike someone from a high-income background, will most likely not have huge sums of money available to finance their education. They end up left in a kind of financial limbo.

So I do understand where you are coming from, but I do think in some ways it is perhaps harder for someone from a middle-income background to finance their education.
Reply 605
Nice! I have got offers from UCL, Durham, LSE and Warwick, but rejected by Oxford

What would your firm/insurance choice be?

I'm stuck between Durham/ UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 606

Original post by Elle_b
Well I get why you can't decide they're all so good! And I got rejected from Oxford too aha

Oxbridge rejection squad represent
Original post by Madhog
I don't disagree, but I think that it is those who come from middle-income households that truly get the short end of stick. Coming from a very low-income background myself, I know I get a larger sum in grants/loans that someone from a middle-income background, as well as the £2k knocked off accommodation; I can just about afford Durham with all that. In comparison, someone from a middle-income background won't get as much financial support but, unlike someone from a high-income background, will most likely not have huge sums of money available to finance their education. They end up left in a kind of financial limbo.

So I do understand where you are coming from, but I do think in some ways it is perhaps harder for someone from a middle-income background to finance their education.

I'm not feeling this positive discrimination yet. :wink:
Original post by Elle_b

oh unlucky:frown: Do you think you will reapply?
Original post by ombtom
£50k and you wouldn't be able to afford Durham?! How on Earth am I going to cope (even £25,000 is a lot). :biggrin:

If I go to university I've been told that I'm on my own! Something the government doesn't consider in terms of loans :s-smilie:
Reply 610
oh unlucky:frown: Do you think you will reapply?

Noo definitely not aha, way to much stress for me 😂 You?
Reply 611
Offer for Econ and Maths anyone?! I've applied to St. John's
Original post by Bea L
I've been allocated a place at Hatfield too and am doing the residential post offer visit. What course have you applied for? :smile:

PPE, but I'm changing to Combined Honours in Social Sciences, you?
I have been offered my place for October 2016 ! Criminology and I have been allocated my chosen campus - University College . :tongue:
Original post by bj1
What would your firm/insurance choice be?

I'm stuck between Durham/ UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty much the same haha! I really dunno mate, both are good unis. Where else have you applied to?
Original post by Elle_b
Noo definitely not aha, way to much stress for me 😂 You?

Quite possibly, if I can find something to do in the gap year:smile: It can be stressful to reapply, but after December it would be:u:
Original post by m1m2
Oxbridge rejection squad represent

Haha what did you apply for?:smile:
Unconditional for Geography:bigsmile:
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
GOT AN OFFER TO DURHAM FOR LAW!!
A*AA
I had applied to Univ, but Colleges won't be allocated until February!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have an offer for law, what college have you been allocated to?
Original post by pstewarr785
Allocated van mildert college! Anyone else? Anyone know what this college is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm van mildert too! What subject? There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it you can find it

Quick Reply

Latest